How is play count determined?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Kosh

Vorlon Ambassador
How is postcount determined?

Does a song have to play 100% to be "counted"? or is there some other percentage? Does getting 30 seconds into a song then deciding to skip to the next one still count as "played" for that song you just skipped?

AndyH

Re: How is postcount determined?

Kosh said:
Does a song have to play 100% to be "counted"? or is there some other percentage? Does getting 30 seconds into a song then deciding to skip to the next one still count as "played" for that song you just skipped?
The song has to be played all the way to the end for it to be counted as "played". However, you can cheat by "scrubbing" through the song via the scroll-wheel and then playing the last few seconds of the song. This will count the song as "played" as well.

seanymac

is there any way to change this setting? for example, i would like the play count to increment even if i decide to skip the last 10 seconds of a song. i use my ipod this way when dj-ing, i dont always want the last few seconds of silence. thanks for your help.
seanymac

CrzyCanuck72

Tragically Hip
Website
www.moviejustice.com
[zerophase] said:
play count = 1 time ALL the way throught a song
No, as AndyH said, only the last second of a song needs to be played for the play count to go up.

As for your problem, seanymac, there isn't really a solution...there's a script called "Pretend we played this," which, when run, will skip to the next song and bump the play count of the previous song by 1 no matter where in the song you ran the script. It's not a very elegant solution, however.

mtnagel

Why not just end the track a few seconds early? You can change the end time by going into the options for that song and clicking the last tab and there is an end (or stop) time (I'm doing this from memory at work).

seanymac

mtnagel, thanks, solid idea to change track end. just tested it, works well. side note: i thought i had a great idea... girlfriend just dj'ed from my ipod for about 2 hours on a roadtrip this past weekend... i wanted to copy the songs to cds for her as a gift only to realize that most of the songs arent on the 'recently played' playlist since few of the tracks actually played the last second. its all good, thanks for the tip.
seanymac