How is genre displayed on the iPod Classic?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Max Dread

Hi all

I am getting ready to start ripping my music collection to mp3 for an iPod Classic I have not bought yet....

All my music is orgnaised by very specific genres, some of which are quite long. I'm deciding whether or not to truncate them, but it is hard to decide without having an iPod in my hand to see how it displays the list of genres.

Would anyone mind describing (or if you have the time to upload a screen shot that would be amazing).

Many thanks

Max

kornchild2002

Here is a link to Apple's website detailing the user interface of an iPod (it's an older iPod but the interface is still very similar, the only difference is that the iPod classic will display photos of things to the right of the menu you'll see in the links).

The iPod will display whatever genre you want whether it's simple or complex. Just keep in mind that, if a genre is too long, it won't fit on the iPod's screen so it will scroll in order for you to see the full genre name.

I also suggest you read the iPod classic user guide located here. You can ignore the parts dealing with iTunes (just replace that with foobar2000) but everything else will help you and should answer most of your future inquiries.