How I fixed my ipod from skipping, please share this with people who have same problem.

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

bum4evr

A few weeks ago, my Ipod nano 5th gen started skipping, it was like I was holding down the right button on the wheel. sometimes it would skip within songs and sometimes skip to a different song, and it did this for every song I tried to play. When I came here I noticed many people have had the same problem and read a few posts and tried a few ideas people had but nothing worked... then I had an idea. I gave the click-wheel a quick squirt of WD-40 - then I used my finger to rotate the wheel for 30 sec so at least some of the liquid got inside. Then I tried to play a song and I don't think I have ever had such a stunned look on my face when I realized the problem was totally gone and the Ipod was working completely normally. I imagine this could work for any ipod that has the click-wheel.

Warning: This was a Last Resort. If this did not work then I would be at the apple store trading my ipod in for a new one so I had nothing to lose. I don't recommend doing this until you have tried the other ideas first. And when I say a "quick squirt" I mean a half-second and don't use the plastic straw that comes with some cans of WD-40, just aim the spray to where it gets all parts of the wheel (like inch and half away) and then rotate the wheel with your finger.

note to mods/admins - I was not sure where to post this, I was considering nano forums but it seems like it might be helpful for other models as well.

Bum4evr

cjmnews

Staff member
The usual culprit is the wheel getting stuck under the edge of the case. Running a longer fingernail around the edge could fix it with no liquids involved.

This is a possible alternative. Glad to see a post on it.