How I Control Volume on iPod Touch

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Marfoon

I'm not sure if anyone has suggested this, but this little item is the first thing I purchased after buying my Touch. Works great and you don't have to tap anything on screen to change volume. I bought it at Radio Shack for $7.99.

Item #42-2559​

Trumper

Excellent!

Since the mute button on the iPhone buds doesn't work on the Touch...

And the phones connector is on the bottom...

And the AirClick doesn't work...

And there's *still* no remote out for the Touch...

That will work great in the meantime.

daihard

Picked one up at the local Radio Shack. The store person told me another guy had just bought the same thing before I did. Must be another iPod touch user! :)

itouchbob

yes those are nice.... also a little trick i found on the volume, hold your finger over the volume button on the slider for a second or too, then while keeping your finger held down move your finger up, and then right to left, to turn volume up or down. just helps to see the knob.

daihard

I've been using the extension for a couple of days. It works pretty well. The one thing I don't like about it, is that I need to crank up the main volume on the iPod touch in order for it to work well. For instance, if I leave the main volume a bit to the left of the halfway point (which is what's comfortable for me) and plug in the extension, then it's still not loud enough even with the volume on the extension all the way to the max.

mc4

Stay Alive 305 said:
Someone else posted this before. Its not that hard to control the volume on the iPod touch.
Without taking it out of your pocket? Well great, Neo. Some of us don't have your ninja abilities and require a more tactical no look option.

To the original poster, thanks.

Stay Alive 305

iPhone 3G Owner
Website
www.myspace.com
mc4 said:
Without taking it out of your pocket? Well great, Neo. Some of us don't have your ninja abilities and require a more tactical no look option.

To the original poster, thanks.
Oh, ok.

I understand now.

Well I rather take my iPod touch out and tap the screen than have that ugly thing hanging from my ear.

LOL

I loved the ninja joke.

LOL

mc4

Stay Alive 305 said:
Oh, ok.

I understand now.

Well I rather take my iPod touch out and tap the screen than have that ugly thing hanging from my ear.

LOL

I loved the ninja joke.

LOL
I'd rather not get mugged flashing a $400 device in the wrong neighborhood. It also makes that "I have no money on me" line a little less believable to the bums I shrug off.

Unless you have a very short earphone cord, a very long torso, or are one of those annoying people that wears their pants way too low, this thing will never leave your pocket. It would hardly be hanging from your ear.

Glad to amuse.

itouchbob

Unless you have a very short earphone cord, a very long torso, or are one of those annoying people that wears their pants way too low, this thing will never leave your pocket. It would hardly be hanging from your ear.

Glad to amuse.[/QUOTE]
:D :D :D :D i love the pants comment

KILLERKANE

My Skull Candy ear buds have a volume control built right in to the cord. Works great and sounds good. Just an FYI.

KillerKane

ipodlover29

Registered iLounger
Marfoon said:
I'm not sure if anyone has suggested this, but this little item is the first thing I purchased after buying my Touch. Works great and you don't have to tap anything on screen to change volume. I bought it at Radio Shack for $7.99.

Item #42-2559​
Pretty cool...just wish it had a couple more controls like play/pause, next track and previous track and I would pay an extra $10 - $20 for it. I just recently tried the iFm from griffin technology it has a lot of contorls and is pretty light. But, the cords are way too long and remote screen doesnt display the track name, also It costed $50, if you can get the iFm for $30 or less its worth it.

Last edited:

mc4

rachelfran said:
I'm confused-how does this attach with the use of headphones?
You serious, Clark?

The male end of your headphone goes into the female end of this cable. The male end of this cable plugs into the ipod.

rachelfran

mc4 said:
You serious, Clark?

The male end of your headphone goes into the female end of this cable. The male end of this cable plugs into the ipod.
thanks - i'll crawl back into my hole now!

gsu_paintballer

This goes into the ipod. The headphones go into this. The headphones go in your ears.

Its as simple as that.

Wilder_K_Wight

Old-School Lounger
You can also use some of the third-party iPod wired remote controls to control volume on the ipod touch itself.