How good is the 5G with being dropped?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Nintendoskater9

I want to buy a 5G, well 5.5G iPod but Im curious about how delicate it is. If it takes a fall is there a good chance the screen will crack or mess up? Is it pretty tough? I'm not careless just curious.

DarkManX4lf

More like there is agood chance your hard drive will be messed up, especially if its on while you drop it.

kyussmondo

The 5.5G is not to bad for being dropped. I have dropped mine a few times and it is still looking and working great. I think the impact has to be very hard to damage the actual iPod itself. Best advice would be to get a nice case. I find the pouch that comes with it is more than sufficient to protect the iPod from scratching.

Having said that though, you should be careful with the iPod, it has been designed to take knocks but I wouldn't recommend to test these designs out! :)

kornchild2002

The iPod will definitely break or get seriously damaged if you drop it without a case on. I have a iSkin eVo3 on my iPod and I have dropped it a couple of times. They were all accidental of course but I dropped it once onto a fake tile floor that had wood underneath of it and I dropped it in a parking lot. My iPod survived both drops as it was well protected by the case. As long as you have a thick, good case, you should be fine.

Astro_Digital

Well I do not try to drop my iPods but it happens.

Usually when walkin if comes of the belt clip or something.

So drops about 2 or 2 1/2 feet to the ground.

The 5 or 6 times I dropped my iPods I noticed no major damage.

AHHHHHHH

Money Begger
I dropped mine with a iskin case on like 10 times, it was approx a 4 ft fall. No damage whatsoever.

tokerblue

I've dropped mine a few times on concrete at about 4" while in an Agent18 case and it's still working fine. Definitely not recommended though. :)

kylo4

My sister has an iSkin evo3 case for her 30GB iPod and dropped it 4 feet onto concrete and battery life is over 14 hours and the HD works fine.

L33tG4m3r

iPod, therefore I am
Yeah, it's pretty good with being dropped as long as you have a case. I would suggest a case because the 5/.5G scratches easily, and if you own the black or U2 version, attracts fingerprints. I have an iSkin Claro case and i've dropped it a few times and there is no damage, I actually dropped it on the sidewalk from 3 feet and there was this giant scratch on the case and my iPod was on, and nothing bad happened to it.

Sprawl

I keep accidently dropping mine :SHOCK:

I've come into the bad habbit of charging it via Charge cable. from the plug to it sitting on my bed has the cable pretty tought, and every now and then I accidently knock it off the side of the bed. and I hear the THUNK of it hitting hardwood floor. Everytime I get that shiver in my spine and think "OH PLEASE NOOOOOO"

but so far it's started up every single time with no problems

iFurkz

ive thrown my ipod against a concrete wall with a iskin evo3 on it when i was in a mood and nothing happened to it at all

one of my mates dropped his and walked over it (he was walking anyways) also without any cover and nothing but a few scratches....

make of it what you like

mjmoonwalker

Website
eminemjamesuk.com
Maybe a small dent, but nothing as bad as a cracked screen. The hard drive may have some damage, but to be safe you should use a case if you tend to be a tad clumsy. I personally don't use a case, but then again I don't have butter fingers.

Sprawl

iFurkz said:
ive thrown my ipod against a concrete wall with a iskin evo3 on it when i was in a mood and nothing happened to it at all

one of my mates dropped his and walked over it (he was walking anyways) also without any cover and nothing but a few scratches....

make of it what you like
Anger management maybe in your future :p

I dropped it AGAIN last night.

Still working!