How does the family plan work?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

AmazingDM

Do I have to pay $25 for BOTH lines, as in $50 total.. or is the data plan shared?

anypats

Even if you have an unlimited data plan for the family, you still need to pay for the iPhone plans on their own.

AmazingDM

Even if you have an unlimited data plan for the family, you still need to pay for the iPhone plans on their own.
That's kinda way off the mark, to be honest.

I'm just talking about the data plans.
Is it $25 for a shared 2GB.. or do I have to pay $25 for each phone..

Minion

For iPhones, get separate plans

About six months ago, my husband got an iPhone, and we looked into adding him to my AT&T contract on the family plan.

We discovered it wouldn't save us any money, and it would extend my contract (then 1 year 8 months old) for another two years along with his. I wasn't sure I wanted to stay with AT&T when my contract was up - was hoping Verizon would get iPhones and I could switch back to Verizon.

So I kept my account, and he opened a separate one. Works out better that way for us.

Hodog16

Backs the Pack
Pretty sure data and text plans are separate.

Minutes are shared, and mobile to mobile minutes should be unlimited.

Also all members on a family plan have to live in the same state.

jerome g

Members on a family plan do not have to live in the same state i.e. if your child moves away for college, they can stay on the plan.
How would AT&T know if a member of your family moves ?

donnabr

Members on a family plan do not have to live in the same state i.e. if your child moves away for college, they can stay on the plan.
How would AT&T know if a member of your family moves ?
We have the family plan, and my husband has a smartphone, but not an iphone. His data plan is different, but still the same monthly charge because of what he has on it. I have the iphone, and in addition to my plan, I'm $10 extra on the minutes plan. For as many people as we have with ATT, we barely use our minutes and have something like 3K banked at all times, so the family plan at $60, then $10 extra for me works better.

We also wanted to do the family plan, as my son will be getting a phone soon, and not long after, my daughter. For $10/month, I can gps track up to three (or was it four?) family members' phones if we're all on the family plan. That's an added bonus for me.

You can have up to 5 people on your family plan, each for the $10/month. I think over 5 and there's more of a charge.