how does media center compare to eac and lame

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

thequietman

Hi..impressed by the reviews of media center..I see it uses lame to encode.How does it compare to ripping with eac and encoding with lame.

dmt1

Dismember
Website
users.domaindlx.com
thequietman said:
Hi..impressed by the reviews of media center..I see it uses lame to encode.How does it compare to ripping with eac and encoding with lame.

With regard to ripping, you can select the "digital secure" mode--which is what EAC uses, and IMHO is the best overall, although it's a little slower. You'll have to change the setting on the MC9 ripper however--the default mode is "digital burst"--but this is easily changed with a couple of clicks.

With regard to encoding, you can customize the MC9 encoder (LAME) with any of the presets you use with your EAC/LAME encoder.

Personally, what I do is use the MC9 ripper in "digital secure", and use my LAME encoder that is coupled with EAC/LAME as an external encoder. Here is a link to the thread in the old forums if you're interested (hopefully links to the old forums will work):

http://www.xsorbit1.com/users/dennx/index.cgi?board=mediajukebox&action=display&num=1044032009