• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

How do you use multiple iPods?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Multimoog

I just got my second (current) iPod, a secondhand black 4GB nano (1st gen). I originally got it thinking it'd be good for working out, but I find I carry it around with me more and more just walking around.

The problem is I also have a 30GB video iPod, and I feel kinda bad just letting it lay around on my desk. I feel bad for stupid reasons, like it's been my 'little buddy' and constant companion for the year and a half I've had it, and the battery isn't showing its age. The clickwheel is starting to go a bit, though (another reason I got the nano).

But I also know you're not supposed to just leave an iPod just laying around, and that use is good for it. And while I like having a nano that is smaller, lighter and easier to slip in and out of a pocket, I don't know if I'll miss having ALL my music at my disposal at all times.

What do you guys use your multiple iPods for? Do you find one getting neglected in favor of another?

hyroboarder

I am in sort of the same situation you are, however I have a 30gb as well as a 2g shuffle. I use the shuffle with the included earbuds for running and very little else. (Maybe if I'm going somewhere with a small backpack i'll take the shuffle with me) For the 30 gb, I'll take that on the bus to school and home listening with my fairly large sennheiser's.

I don't feel that I neglect each one just because the shuffle was so cheap, I use the video much more often, and I love them both for what they can be used for. I see your problem just because the nano has a screen on it so you can choose what music to play as well as the 5g. I'm guessing maybe you're neglecting the video because you have around 4gb of music that you really like for the nano and you have about 26 gb extra of music that you don't like which is on the 5g.

Here's one idea: If you still have all the music that is on your 5g on your computer, take all of it off and get tons of videos on it. Then buy a quality dock with s-video/hdmi (if they make it on docks yet) and just use your 5g to play sweet vids on your tv!

ltspongebob

Here's my rundown:

80GB: All music (54GB), selected videos & games
60GB (4G): All music (backup)
4GB NANO: New albums, work music (ambient, classical).
4GB MINI: Podcasts, audiobooks
1GB Shuffle (2g): Workout playlist (s)
1GB Shuffle (1g): USB key and current audiobook.

All of my ipods are used for a purpose, however I find myself using the Nano about 60% of the time. The 80gb rarely leaves the house except for vacations and long drives/trips and the 60gb stays in the safe...

Sponge

Last edited: