• Please note that signatures and avatars on iLounge are only available after reaching certain membership thresholds.

Signatures

In order to be able to have a signature, users must have been a member for 7 days and have accumulated 10 posts.

Avatars are reserved for only the most senior of iLounge forum members. Users will not be able to use an avatar until they have been a member for a minimum of one year, and accumulated 1,500 posts. This is considered the Veteran Lounger level of membership.

A note on post whoring...

We welcome and encourage our members to make valuable and useful contributions to the iLounge forums, and to have fun, socialize, and actively participate in discussions on the forums. However, as per the Forum Policy, we will not tolerate excessive and unnecessary posting. Posting inane and pointless messages solely to increase one's post count in the hopes of reaching a higher membership level will be dealt with by the forum staff. Unnecessary posts may be subject to removal, and persisting in this behaviour will result in post counts being reduced and any further action being taken as deemed necessary.

• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

How do you like the new forum layout?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

How do you like the new forum layout?

• Love it

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Like it

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • No preference

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Don't like it

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Hate it

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters

jh-retired

Title says it all! What do you think of the new forum layout?

We implemented this reorganization for simplicity, logic, and elimination of overlap. Mission accomplished?

swy32x

I love it :D

Oh, and I'm not sure about this, but for me, under Accessories, there is locked iPod symbol in front of the Cases forum ...

jh-retired

The locked symbol merely indicates that the Cases root forum holds no posts... only subfora.

Perhaps we could have Dennis change the icon, so it's less confusing. (We can't change the forum status... but the icon may be do-able)

dlegros

Got my own title at last!
Looks OK, but to be honest, I almost always use the search for new posts option and go through the list.

Dom

stickuto

Sticky Lounger
a lot better, it is a lot easier to find thread without nhaveing to scroll down for ages, looks alot better too,

well guys, good choice to change it :)

baggss

Stoopid Ameican Rednek
Meh.

I've never been a fan of change just for the sake of change, as this appears to be. I had no real issues with the old format and didn't see a lot of folks complaining about them, but that may just be me.

Guess I'll get used to the new layout.

wyneken

Well, I've got a couple of reservations.

Thing 1. The absolute divide between "General discussion" and "Problems and solutions" seems a little artificial. I know that avoiding overlap is a good thing, in general, but there is no way to avoid blurring. I see no clear line between these two categories.

Here's what I mean. Let's say, in the iShuffle problems forum, Lounger X posts: "My shuffle keeps auto-loading music I don't want to hear. I hate that."

Meanwhile in general discussions, Lounger Y posts: "I've been experimenting with smart playlists so that the stuff on the shuffle is really what I'm in the mood to hear."

These is the exact same topic, really. But there is a good chance poor X will never see the clever ideas Y has got, nor will Y be aware of the sad fate of his fellow lounger, because one sees a problem where the other sees an interesting topic to discuss.

Thing 2. I miss having the general (i.e. cross-platform) iTunes forum. It seems to me that, if you really want to eliminate overlap, the way to go would be to eliminate the separate Mac and Windows forums and keep the unitary one.

Look at the actual message threads. The issues are almost exactly the same, for the very good reason that iTunes works (almost) exactly the same on both platforms. Very few topics pertain only to a single OS -- and even then, quite often users of the other OS are able to contribute helpfully to the conversation.

Once again here we run into the crossing-threads problem. Lounger X asks his Windows brethren, "How many different genres do you guys have?" While on the Mac side, Lounger Y says, "How many different genres do you guys have?" -- because there is absolutely zero difference between Mac and Windows in this, and most, iTunes-related matters.

Apart from that I don't see any cause for whining. The Lounge is as cool as ever. But I can't help feeling that this is a case of changing a tire that wasn't flat.

JeffsJeep04

Rock the Cashbah
Much better, sub forums suck. I personally feel that the less sections you have, the better the info is because it's easier to find. This is a HUGE step in the right direction.

Doug Gilmour

Intelligentleman
Website
www.last.fm
Much better. Much less clutter, and a few new forums which have been added because of support coming from this fourm. Overall it is much neater and a lot more organized than it was before..

-Dan

-James

Website
www.google.co.uk
I don't tend to visit the Forums section of the site (i just go to New Posts, but overall i think the layout and arrangement is much better.

:) I like it a whole lot better. Hopefully, it will make things easier for the members to put threads into the right forum.