How do you keep headphones in while running?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

wolfpacker

My wife got me a Shuffle for the holidays. It is actually the 4th iPod product I've owned. I gave my old 5GB one to the wife, my 40GB one suffered a hdd crash, and I use an 80GB video one daily. But this is the first flash-based unit I've owned and the reason I wanted it was for running. I did a couple 5Ks last year and would like to move up to a 1/2 Marathon this year.

I've use the Shuffle a few times, but yesterday was the first time I've actually gone for a run since I got it. I had a real hard time keeping the supplied headphones in my ears while running.

Anyone have any advice?

tashabear

I use a pair of Shure in-ear headphones. They might loosen up a little bit, but I've never had them fall out.

corrupt_shufler

u could get the sony ericsson ones they are short but they have earbuds that squeeze in your ears so they dont fall out plus they have excellent bass

rldunn

For running, I've always used these headphones and have been very happy with them. I run outside in the winter, and these have the extra advantage of keeping my ears a little warmer.

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-G57G-Sports-Headphones-Reflective/dp/B000066CCU/sr=1-4/qid=1171589093/ref=sr_1_4/102-3679187-6705749?ie=UTF8&s=electronics

For all other times, I use in-ear headphones, but I've never had any luck keeping them in while running. The Apple headphones will barely stay in my ears while standing still :)

Carbonfly

tashabear said:
I use a pair of Shure in-ear headphones. They might loosen up a little bit, but I've never had them fall out.
How do you do it? I tried using my Shure e2c's while doing cardio and my ears get so sweaty that it becomes uncomfortable. I use regular headphones for working out. Never had a problem with the originals falling out while I was running.

tashabear

Carbonfly said:
How do you do it? I tried using my Shure e2c's while doing cardio and my ears get so sweaty that it becomes uncomfortable. I use regular headphones for working out. Never had a problem with the originals falling out while I was running.
My ears are really small; the pack-in earbuds were always excruciatingly uncomfortable for me. I use the smallest rubber tips on the Shures, which keeps them very snug, and my head/ears just don't get that sweaty, even when working really hard.

wolfpacker

I'll try my Shure's I guess. Just hate to risk damaging them since they weren't cheap. Stinks that the Shuffle seems to be marketted towards use for this, but the headphones just fall out.

tashabear

wolfpacker said:
I'll try my Shure's I guess. Just hate to risk damaging them since they weren't cheap. Stinks that the Shuffle seems to be marketted towards use for this, but the headphones just fall out.
Run the cables under your shirt. That way, if they fall out, they won't drag.

opinion8ed

finally found a solution

I know what you mean about those earphones falling out... but I recently found a cheap way to fix that! My Dad told me about a product called BudFits and decided to give them a try. They were only 8.99 and just attach to the iPod earphones, and wrap over the ear to keep everything in place. I love it! Hope that helps.

Ikid22

tashabear said:
x2 I use the 210's

musichound

But why stick to the supplied buds when they literally sound like crap? What I find that stay in my ears well and sound great are either the V-Moda Bass Frequencies or the Senns CX300s. Both can be found for less than $30.00 on Amazon.

Riverside_Guy

CCBenz said:
I use a pair of these things called Acoustibuds. I found them in northern Michigan at a Gus Macker 3 on 3 basketball tournament. This guy was handing them out as samples so I thought what the heck. I gotta tell you they are the best thing to come along for earbuds. They fit perfectly and won’t fall out but the sound quality was amazing. I run, bike, and do other active sports and have never had them fall out. Does anyone know where to buy them?
CCBenz
They have a website at:

http://acoustibuds.info/testimonials.html

they simply get pressed onto the standard Pod buds. I think someone else makes such a thing (earjams, something like that??). BUT, you're right, where to buy them? First time I've come across a website about a product that has ZERO information on buying the product. I wrote to the e-mail address, let's see if someone responds...