How do you group compilations on iPod Touch?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Mr. Alaska

Please help me get all these entries off the Artist list and back onto the Compilations list only. They are all marked as Compilations in iTunes, and are grouped as such in iTunes, but still show up in the Artist list and the Compilations list on the Touch. The 5G Video iPod had an option in the Settings menu, the Touch does not. Any ideas?

zardoz66

It's how it tagged look at Artists, Album Artists, and Album, and make the changes that you need to fix it in itunes

Dim

Website
www.lemires.com
Mr. Alaska said:
Please help me get all these entries off the Artist list and back onto the Compilations list only. They are all marked as Compilations in iTunes, and are grouped as such in iTunes, but still show up in the Artist list and the Compilations list on the Touch. The 5G Video iPod had an option in the Settings menu, the Touch does not. Any ideas?
Currently, there is no option to hide compilation artists on the iPhone/Touch like there is on the other iPods.

Mr. Alaska

I was afraid it was not supported yet. Weird though, Some of the artists from Compilations are filed correctly on the Touch, some are not. I double checked them all in iTunes and they are all labeled correctly. I hope a firmware update corrects his. 74 artists with one song each on a list shtanks.:(

GregMac1213

I'm just curious if this is still an issue on the Touch. Have any of the firmware updates made it possible to group compilations on the device?

GregMac1213

When Apple fixed it on the Classic and 3G Nano, they didn't add a setting. You have to enable the Compilations item on a menu (either Main or Music). Then they are grouped correctly.
I know on the Touch you can opt to show Compilations as one of your buttons. (At least I think you can from what I remember with the 30 or so seconds I had to play with one at the Apple store a while back.)

Have you tried that?

Pay0The0Man

Banned
Website
www.myspace.com
No I haven't. I'd give it a shot right now but I currently have no compilations on my iPod because they weren't grouped (I have OCD, I can't have stuff not being organized like that).

GregMac1213

Pay0The0Man said:
No I haven't. I'd give it a shot right now but I currently have no compilations on my iPod because they weren't grouped (I have OCD, I can't have stuff not being organized like that).
I understand, believe me. Same here.

Thanks.

Dim

Website
www.lemires.com
Pay0The0Man said:
Don't bother. Still doesn't hide compilation artists.

ObsidianGT

This has me so aggravated. I wish Apple would fix this and add the compilation option to the iPod Touch.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :mad:

evalverdes

Anything new ??

Hello!
Is there anything new about this subject? Does anyone know if Apple already provides a solution for this issue? It's anoying... I have about 160 artists on my iTunes, and around 700 on iPod!!
Thanks! Regards

Jennypen

I realise this is a very old post, but I was having this problem myself and came across this thread while googling for a solution - it wasn't of help but never mind :)
However, this morning I accidentally discovered the solution and thought I'd share in case anyone was still struggling - while the artist list will always be falsely populated with compilation artists (which, when, like me, you have a digital copy of all 73 Now! That's What I Call Music albums, fully correctly tagged, is kinda bad), however, if you turn it to the side and use coverflow to browse, you'll notice only artists who have albums that aren't compilations have got album entries - and if you have the Album Artist tagged properly, it'll group the compilations under that Album artist too (even if it's Various).
So! Not the best, but better than nothing :D