How do I turn the snooze off the alarm on the iPad?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

DR0570

This is my moms iPad. This is an alarm I set up for her for7am. Stating 2 days ago the alarm kept going off again 10 minutes later. I thought it may be the snooze alarm. The thing is I can not turn the snooze button off.
I go into the clock Icon, go into “alarm” I can see where snooze is on because of the green, I slide that little lever to the off mode, press “save”. It doesn’t stay off. I go back into it, snooze is back on again disregarding my changes. What is the problem?

cjmnews

Staff member
When I create an alarm with the Snooze off, it has no snooze capability.

If I edit the alarm and turn on Snooze, it has the snooze capability.

If I edit the alarm and turn off Snooze, snooze is gone.

iOS 13.5.1

What version of iOS are you using?
Have you tried deleting the alarm and creating it without snooze initially?

DR0570

Yes I deleted that alarm but when created a new one. The snooze was back. My mother has an old IOS but this problem just started...

cjmnews

Staff member
I also pulled out an iOS 10.3.3 iPad.
Created a repeating alarm with snooze disabled. The alarm had no snooze button.
Updated the alarm to have snooze enabled. The alarm had the snooze button.
Updated the alarm to have snooze disabled. The alarm had no snooze button.

I tried an old iPhone with iOS 8.1.1. And it behaved the same.

I saw some reports (unconfirmed) about issues with iOS 11.0 having alarm issues resolved in 11.1.2.

Has the iPad been rebooted? This may fix it.
Is there a 3rd party alarm app installed? This may be interfering with the built in app.

You can always restore the iPhone using iTunes to reinstall the operating system to fix weird issues like this. Though if a 3rd party alarm is causing it, this will not fix it unless the app is removed. This should also upgrade the iOS to the highest the device can support.

DR0570

This will not be easy.. because this is my moms iPad and she is playing a game on it and if I restart it it will probably erase her progress and she’ll have to start all over again..and she’ll end up being mad at me.🙄😩 that’s my mama...UUGH!

cjmnews

Staff member
Reboot is harmless. Restore is where you need to be sure the backup to iTunes is complete first.