How do I transfer my library and settings to a new OS on the same PC? (dualboot)

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

AmazingDM

I currently have XP and am going to install a second copy of XP and dualboot for a while. My current XP is so bogged down with crap and I need to do a fresh install but I thought it would be easier to partition/split, dualboot and transfer files and programs over one at a time so I don't miss anything.

I don't care about ratings I just want to transfer everything else as exactly as it is. The music is held on an external HD so that's not a problem

cjmnews

Staff member
I would think that if you pointed your new iTunes to the old iTunes Library File, then it should just work as if you are on your original install of XP.

AmazingDM

Will it still work if it's a different drive letter? I just mean the library file.. the music will still have the same drive letter

S2_Mac

Shouldn't be a problem if the "iTunes" folder is on a different drive letter. But copy the entire iTunes folder, not just the library. (You'll get all your pre-cached art and Store art, and whatever 8.0 goodies you've accumulated.)