How do i reset a password i forgot?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

CrankDat

I set a password on my itouch but i forgot it, it there a away i can reset it or is there some kind of master p/w?

minimidget

you have to restore it through iTunes... No harm done, you'll just have to re-sync all of your stuff, and re-jailbreak if you've done so already. basically, your Touch will be like it was out of the box, no worries.

minimidget

just go to it's tab in iTunes, and hit the button that says restore. It'll restore it to factory settings, and then you just need to go back through the steps to put your iPod like it was (I.E. syncing and jailbreaking, putting custom settings, etc.)

CrankDat

but as soon as I plug it in it says " could not connect to iPod because its locked with a passcode

studogvetmed

Website
www.vandeventers.com
Then you aren't connecting it to the computer you originally synced it to? The iPod is supposed to sync to the library it is originally connected to regardless of password. I mean it says in the manual, if you forget your password, you must restore the iPod, see page 74.

Does the iPod even connect or show in iTunes? The option to restore may still be available in the summary tab, or do you have someone else's locked iPod? :D

minimidget

ahhhh, I see then. I believe you have to hold down the home and sleep buttons until it turns off. the nit should be restored....

I'm not sure on the details, I've never had to restore, lol.

minimidget

Haha. I've never really bothered to look at how to force-restore. I'm the type of guy that goes with the flow, haha. I just look up the necessary stuff, and if a problem arises, then I look up that. I'm pretty lazy about helping others, I usually try to help, but end up giving very vague answers, or ones that are close, but kind of off.

Or I just tell them to use google, haha.

CrankDat

thanks very much all of u for the help, bobbit's link he got worked perfect:)

moner

restrictions

I forget the restrictions password. I already restore my ipod but the restriction password is still on. I dont know what to do any more. I cant access safari or itunes strore.
Any idea of what can I do?

JJman32

I forgot my restriction password and I've put it into recovery mode and tried to recover it but, my computer says its not updated to iOS4 but it is. It wouldn't download so I did it on my dads computer so now it is updated but the computer with my songs on it says its not updated so when I try to restore it my computer starts downloading the iOS4 again. What do I do?

SavannahBrooke

Please Help!

Hey okay so I have an 8gb ipod touch. I havent messed with it for a while, about 3 months, so when i picked it up and turned it on the other day i was very suprised to find that my ipod said "IPod is disabled. Please try again in 26,000,000 minutes." I was like WHAT?!?!?!?!?!? and so now i cant get into my ipod so if anyone has any advise or anything on how to get into my ipod without waiting 3 years (litterally) that would be great :) haha