How do I: iPod Video (4th Gen) copy music library to iPhone XR

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Riddlick51PB

Title. I want to copy my iPod (4th Gen, Video) music library to my iPhone XR. Can you suggest a recommended procedure for doing this?

cjmnews

Staff member
The usual procedure is to sync the iPhone XR with the same iTunes library that you used to put the music onto the iPod. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201253

Let me know if you are one of those people that have an iPod without the iTunes, then I can document complicated steps of getting iTunes, pulling the music off of the iPod, loading the music into iTunes, then you can sync the iPhone XR like the instructions above.

Riddlick51PB

And of course, I do not have my iPod music library on my PC in iTunes. I've got iTunes installed on my PC. Just need those complicated steps of pulling the music off my iPod and loading its music library into iTunes.

cjmnews

Staff member
That is what I expected. Sigh

1. Enable Hidden Files to be visible in Windows Explorer. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028316/windows-view-hidden-files-and-folders-in-windows-10
  2. Connect iPod to the PC. I assume iTunes is open with this action, leave it open.
  3. In iTunes, go to Edit->Preferences, Advanced. Check Copy files to iTunes Media folder when adding to library and Click OK.
  4. Open Windows Explorer and navigate to your iPod drive. Make Windows Explorer less than full screen, move to right side of screen.
  5. Go to the iPod Control folder
  6. Search for Music files (*.mp3 OR *.m4a OR *.m4p)
  7. Select all the files in Windows Explorer search results (named 4 characters.3 character extension like N4RM.mp3)
  8. Drag selected files and drop on top left column of iTunes to copy these files to your PC and add to library
  9. When this is finished, click on your Music folder and play each track. It should play.
    1. If a track prompts you for a password, enter the password for your iTunes account you purchased this track with.
    2. If a track is Unknown and/or in Unknown Album/Unknown Artist, you need to listen to identify it.
      1. Right click track, Click on Song Info
      2. Enter Song Name, Artist Name, Album Name, optionally add Album Art.
      3. Click OK.
  10. After all tracks are identified (not Unknown) then plug in iPhone and sync: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201253

Riddlick51PB

almost halfway through getting my iPod library into iTune's. Working diligently on this project. Your posts in this thread are not in vain lol

Christoph Philips

The common way provided by Apple Inc. is using iTunes or iCloud. But you could only back up purchased history for music from iPhone and restore it to your iPod by downloading those songs from iTunes Store