How do I get my iTunes on my new PC?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

finnie26

I have a new PC. I'm trying to import all the thousands of songs I've spent hours inputting, including my entire vinyl digitisation, and I can't get into my account. The main problem is that my email address seems to be causing an issue, the one I use every day and have done for years. I go through the security questions, get a 6 digit code and then input the code only be told my email address is wrong. Is there any more frustrating program than iTunes? They are blocking me from accessing all my stuff.

cjmnews

Staff member
First off you don't need to import all your music to the new system if you have a backup of the old system (Music files AND the iTunes Library.itl file). Let me know if you need more information on this. You should be able to find dozens of posts I have made on this topic here.

The email address is key to accessing your account, as this is your Apple ID. If you don't have that, you will be locked out of the account. Your digitization files don't need the account to access. They should play just fine without it. Only purchased music will require authorization.

If you have any .m4p files you could try to play one in iTunes, and it should show you the Apple ID used to purchase that file. Enter the password for that Apple ID and the song should play. If you have an iOS device, you should be able to go into Settings, tap on your name and it will show you the email address for your Apple ID. Also Apple has help to find your Apple ID: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201354

You shouldn't need the security questions if you have the password. It looks like the security questions are used on iforgot.apple.com to change the password on your Apple ID. Be sure the email address is exactly what you used with Apple, a lot of the time the Apple ID was made with an old email account that we no longer use. You can use appleid.apple.com to change your old email address to the current one.