How do I extract album art?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

PlasmaShock

Usually I manually search for album art and polish it up if it's in bad condition with an image editor. But I cannot find any good 500x500 images of the one I want. Since itunes downloads some pretty good quality art, I was thinking I could just extact the album art from the itunes file with MP3tag. But no album art shows up on that program. How can I download itunes album art as a file?

Code Monkey

You first paste it into the file (r-click the art panel in the left corner, paste).

By default, iTunes just downloads directly to its separate cache, which is kind of stupid since it's not permanently associated with the file.

PlasmaShock

You first paste it into the file (r-click the art panel in the left corner, paste).

By default, iTunes just downloads directly to its separate cache, which is kind of stupid since it's not permanently associated with the file.
I know how to embedd the art on to files. What I don't know how is to EXTRACT the art from the track so I can move the image file somewhere else.

Code Monkey

I know how to embedd the art on to files. What I don't know how is to EXTRACT the art from the track so I can move the image file somewhere else.
Obviously you didn't know to embed the iTunes store downloaded art or you wouldn't have posted this thread.

1. Get iTunes to download art.
2. Embed that art.
3. Now you can extract it with a tag editor.

iTunes will not, as I already pointed out, embed the art for you. It leaves it as some randomly named file buried in it's art cache directory. You embed it, then you can extract it.

PlasmaShock

Obviously you didn't know to embed the iTunes store downloaded art or you wouldn't have posted this thread.

1. Get iTunes to download art.
2. Embed that art.
3. Now you can extract it with a tag editor.

iTunes will not, as I already pointed out, embed the art for you. It leaves it as some randomly named file buried in it's art cache directory. You embed it, then you can extract it.
I do know how to embedd it lol. Maybe I should have made a different thread title. What my real problem is that I can't see the embedded art on MP3tag and I've never had that kind of problem with it before.