How do I delete a song from my iPad using iTunes?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

DR0570

I used to be able to now I can not because it is not in the option list when I right click.

DR0570

I solved one problem bot now I have a new one... why is this happenin?😩😩😩🤪😥😥
where is the “delete” button?!? 😡 there’s supposed to be a delete button!

DR0570

Please!? Ignore and delete the post where it talks about multiple albums, I fixed that. I’m just trying to delete songs because I put too much on here now I can’t delete it. And even if I did use my iPad to delete it, it doesn’t totally delete it. It only seems to when use iTunes on the compute....please HELP!!😩😩😩😩😥😩

DR0570

Well it turns out also I can’t even make a playlist on my iPad using iTunes no more. And if I try to do it on my iPad I have to do it song by song by song by song by song ..... I can not group together an artist or an album. So...I’m screwed! Can’t delete, cant make playlists! Oh well😡😡😡😥😡😥😡😥😡😥😥😡😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😥

DR0570

I’m gonna put it on my moms computer see what happens, maybe I have an older version of iTunes... I really need one of y’all to live with me because I sure can’t do this on my own!

cjmnews

Staff member
It depends on how the iPad is synced with iTunes.

In manual mode, you can locate the track ON THE iPad, right click and delete.
In automatic mode you need to uncheck the playlist or track from the sync process (I can be synced by playlist, artist, album or track) or you can delete it from the Music app in the iPad.

DR0570

Nope! I get the same thing.
and yes I know about this, I tried this before. BUT when I went on my iTunes on the compute... the song was still there. apparently it delete from your library But not from the iPad.

cjmnews

Staff member
You asked about deleting the song from the iPad:
  • removing it from the automatic sync
  • deleting it from the library with the Music App, or locating the track on the device (Click on the iPad, then click in the Music section under On My Device, then find the track, right click and delete the track)
One of these steps remove it from the iPad.

If you want to delete from iTunes then find the track in iTunes, right click and delete. In the automatic sync mode this will also delete it from the iPad.

DR0570

Thanks... I think I figured it out. You have to delete from the playlist. And then sync the playlists.... it’s very complicated but I think I figured it out.. thank you so much!☺

DR0570

OK, now I’m trying figure something else out that’s driving he insane... how do you delete an album only within a playlist in iTunes...NOT out of iTunes but within a playlist without having to go song by song by song... because I can not highlight a group of songs in a playlist and delete. Please help me with this!!😩😩😩