• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

How common are iPods where you live?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

JasonM

I've seen more and more here in DC since I bought mine a year ago. Tons of people on the subway have them!

cvn72

on board the uss abraham lincoln, especially reactor department, all you will see are sailors in the lounge chillin lika villain with their 3rd generation click wheel ipods. :cool:

lunathegirl

I can definitely count on hand how many other students I've seen at my high school with an iPod. However, if I'm around the city, on trains, downtown or such I pretty much see plenty of others with iPod's. San Franciscans love the iPod! That's a general statement, but it's seems true from my observance anyway.

cPod08

Proud Podster :)
There are A LOT of iPods at school. I've just begining to notice them all now since after xmas. It seems 1 out of every 3 people has an iPod at my school. The earbuds gives them away of course.

JustinHermary

The Cookie Boy
at my school there is about 1300 kids and to be honest i have only seen one person with an ipod, its a silver mini 1g. i guess ill be the second when i get my 2g 4gb green mini from futureshop.

just curious if there is anyone on this site who lives in brandon manitoba canada. maybe around brandon or even winnipeg?

edv689

I LIVE IN D.C. YOU SEE THEM ALOT OR SHOULD I SAY YOU SEE WHITE EARPHONES ALOT AND I ASSUME THEY ARE IPODS. YOU NEVER SEE THE ACTUAL IPOD ITSELF, THAT GOES FOR ME TOO, I WONDER IF PEOPLE ARE WORRIED ABOUT GETTING THEM LOST OR STOLEN.

MaverickUK

At my high school I know 2 people who have an iPod 4th gen due to me reccomending iPod's to them. Two of my friends have creative flash mp3 players(dunno why, both they're parents are loaded). Another 2 people I know have one of those iRiver things. Anothe rperson I know has an iPod mini. He got it for a tenner! When I go to London iPod's are quite common. I love my iPod photo :D.

FallN

iPod therefore I am
In NYC? They're almost everywhere... at least in the hipper, better off parts of town and the trains/buses. Seems everybody and their great, great grandmother is sporting white earbuds. :rolleyes:

FrozernFire

i have 4 friends with regular ipods. other than that, i have only seen minis around, except for that rare regular ipod

davidd

they aren't that common at my school

I was the only one at my school with a DAP (I have a iRiver H120) until recently, when 2 of my friends got 4G 20GB models

vanguard_98

Website
athec.blogspot.com
I'm in DC too, and I see a lot of the white headphones. I don't think that you see the actual unit because it's a pain to carry - not that they are afraid of it getting stolen.
I keep mine in my pocket, and if i need to change a song i can press the button through the fabric of my jacket...

Appreciate the Cheese

ruebz

iPodRevels said:
i go to psu (40,000 students)

iPods are like a must for any college student
I also go to a large Big Ten school and I bet that 40-50% of students have iPods. So yeah, the iPod is popular among students.

ecnarf

Tragically common.

I mean, I notice them a lot because of the headphones, but so many people are walking through my school with the thing out in their hands, while they fiddle with it, scrolling through their playlists while talking to their friends, generally wanking off the fact they have an iPod.

JaredM

Heres a funny story. Before I got my ipod (on friday) the only time i can remember actually seeing an ipod in person is at a target i believe. Pretty funny.

Chria01

I see them everywhere, all those kids that where the buds as a status symbol, some of them have ike 50 songs too, so sad, i know that the 1st ipod in the skool was my friends and then me adn another friend got ours, then this X-mas everybody got em.

iCloudFragments

There are TONS of people here in San Francisco with ipods...go downtown and like..50% of the people have them...a school also, after last X-Mas they appeared everywhere.

VousDew

Not Amused
Website
www.naturalborncynic.com
I notice them a lot because of the headphones, but so many people are walking through my school with the thing out in their hands, while they fiddle with it, scrolling through their playlists while talking to their friends, generally wanking off the fact they have an iPod.
God, same here. I want to punch these people whenever I see them in the halls. But I wonder if people are thinking the same thing about me when I pull mine out and search for a song. :p