• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

How common are iPods where you live?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

the_commanche

Windows Reigns Supreme
almost every prep has an ipod mini at my school, my goth friend has a 20gb 4g, and thats all i know of so far.

its probobly alot more that i dont know of because the new "STUPID" principal banned ipods from school. what a tard, i hate her. now i cant listen to my music before class. :(

Horace

ipod is not very popular in Hong Kong,people usually prefer small size players made in Korea (e.g iAudio,iriver,mpio) ,may be people here are concern more on the sound quality rather than the design of their players(actually sound quality of ipod with lack of bass is not acceptable for me....)

aric49

In my "one-horse" town, there are VERY few.. Infact I know two other ppl who own them, not counting myself.

treb05

I've seen about 5-6 iPods where I live.........Right after Christmas my friend and I went to this indoors sports place and I saw 2 people there with them (pink mini, and 4G.) At School=4G, 2nd Gen.Green Mini, Silver mini and my bro said one of his teachers had a 3G charging on the desk.......SO it's been cool seeing other iPod Users.

Capital R

AKA Randall
Website
restinchaos.deviantart.com
It used to be that I was one of a handful of people at my High School that had an iPod. After Christmas, however, about 80% of the students at my High School had an iPod. A lot of them don't even have more than 100 songs and are walkin around with 40+ GB ones. They don't seem to be that popular with the adults around here, though.

Fabs

Im staying in a hotel here in Northern California, and the hotel has a huge fitness center.

8 out of 10 people that go there, have an iPod ... strapped to their arms ... and lots of white earbuds ...

Eddie '92

I live in the Leeds/Bradford part of the UK. I go to a school in Dewsbury and I've only seen about 3 people with them. Seriously though the school where I go to there are a lot of council estates near by and that means a lot of thieves, thats why I daren't go to school with it.

When I'm out of school I take my iPod around a bit (not when I'm in the woods with my bike obviously ;-) ), and when I'm walking to the shop for some stuff. But I remember when I was the only person in Birstall (or so it seems) with an iPod, everyone wanted to look, especially the girls L.O.L. But now the prices have dropped more and more people seem to have them.

But I still enjoy iPods as much as when I got my first one back in '03.

Eddie '92

ZippoSummers

Website
zippo.homeip.net
I live in St. John's, Newfoundland (If you don't know where that is, whip out a map, look at Canada, and look as far east as you can).
Up until recently, iPods were pretty rare. Now, they're everywhere. You get on a bus and you see those tell-tale earbuds. A lot of people have Minis, and a good few have 4G's. There are a growing number of Shuffles too.

I bought my first iPod, my current 4G 20GB back in March, and now two of my classmates (I'm in a Graphic Design class) have 30GB iPod Photos. I was going to buy a Photo myself, but the place where I purchased mine (Computer store at the local university - to get the student price) didn't have any. I wanted one then, so I got the 20GB.

You can tell people around here have iTrip's (and other FM transmitters) too. Occasionally, as I'm driving around, my signal gets fuzzy as I drive by a car.