• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

How common are iPods where you live?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

twentyfour

I think about 1 out of 4 students at my school owns an iPod. I've seen at least one of every iPod at my school (I'm even talking about gold mini!). Basically, iPods are everywhere, and I see them everyday.

Razor70

I took mine for a walk the other day and I kept having people look at me as I walked past them. I think alot of them were shocked that someone in a small town like I live in actually had a Ipod in his hand. It was rather funny actually. Most everyone around here has a Sony Mini-Disc player or a Flash based player...but I do think I am one of the few who actually have a Ipod in my town.

hockeydude66

Ive had mine for a little over a year. And when i first got it i was one of a few people to own them. And when i went to the gym i was most of the time the only one w/ an iPod. But now when i go to the gym im no the only person w/ an iPod there are often 5 to 10 other people w/ the handy little device. The same goes for my high school last school year i was one of a few kids to have an iPod. But now when i walk the halls or ask people i bet almost a fourth of the kids in my 1500 person school have one.

Werner

30GB iPod Photo
Website
digimods.e-visionit.co.uk
they are not really common (maybe no-one is using the white earbuds) , but ALOT of wannabees have just bought the earbuds to let the people around them think "wow, he has an iPod" and he actually doesn't. i've seen around 3 or 4 here...

cpjax

my school about 7/10 people havw an ipod of various kinds
but i go to a rich kid school so expensive things are to be expected

jkravny

Its been said before in this....but as someone who lives in Manhattan.....I swear its somethin like 2 out of 3 ppl have one...

A few of us actually tried to figure this out. Closest we can come up with is people in other cities drive. So you have music in the car for your commute.

We dont...we have the subway for ours....so for music its an ipod.

Go on a subway....you see tons of them....strangely a lot with black headphones now. Theft in the subway system of them is really high.

Ironhorse

LeifErikson owns you
A good handful have 20gb or better Ipods while the majority have Ipod Shuffles.

podgirltessie

Code Monkey said:
I live in a college town so iPods and other DAPs are common as dirt. iPods seem to be about 60%-70% of the DAP players, which is about what you'd expect.

Oddly (to me), as I've seen other people note, CD (mp3 CD?) players are still very common which completely escapes me. I've had a perfectly functioning portable CD player since about 1990, and I haven't used it for anything since about 1994. Just too big and clumsy. It wasn't until I got my iPod mini that I went nuts with listening to music on the go again.
At my gym, I've only seen one other person with an ipod. I've also seen quite a few CD players and I can't imagine why. Most people now have a computer so I can't see carrying something so big. I've caught some people eyeballing my ipod too which made me nervous-good thing I wear it in an armband!:eek:

fischziege

well, i live in the poorest region of germany (we have the highest debts, highest unemployment rates, ... but we get up earlier than any other german region, no joke.) and i can see no ipods in the street.

but some people at my university of applyed sciences have them. i am somewhat obsessed with these white beautys, therefor im always paying attention when i see someone with white cords.

some minis around here.
most of them have shuffles, though.

Zoopod

Well I live in Dallas or rather a suburb of Dallas really, Garland :p
I bought mine in mid to late March and I was going to Community College. Well I saw 1 or 2 minis and a older 3rd gen Ipod or may have been a gen 2 but after I got mine they became more frequent now when I take the train specifically around Greenville Avenue I seem em a lot more and I always seem to strike up a conversation with fellow Ipodders :)

HT2791

well. at my school..

lets see, we went bowling for a field trip. Our school took 25 lanes. 6-7 ppl per lane. in each lane, there were about 4 ppl with ipod minis..

yea..
i was the only one with an iRiver H10, and i felt special

but they are pretty damn popular. Also, a reason is that there is an ipod store in a major local mall

drcstevens

I live in a small town also and just bought an ipod mini. I teach at a community college and my colleague laughed when I showed it to him. "You are the only person I know our age that has an ipod!" he said. My son, who is studying in Tokyo, was surprised that no one here has one, as apparently zillions of Japanese have them. "I can tell by the earbuds what kind of MP3 player people have," he said. :)

bvsciguy

Website
benjamin1.blogspot.com
I don't see hardly any iPods where I live but I do know of 4 or 5 people who have one. But once in Charleston SC I saw two people with one and two in cars.

Shift4g

Website
www.lounge-radio.com
I see them alot around here (D.C.). When Im on train usually every other person is using one, and ppl that get on with them sorta flock to areas on the train where they are being used by others. I see less when walking down the blocks, but still alot of them. Alot of people I talk to are always saying "It looks like a ipod club out there".

VanIdeL

Say What?
iPods are everywhere in our high school. Mostly 3G/4G ones, some Minis. I've only seen one person with a photo.

The only place I've seen them outside of school is at the Apple store, lol.

fro99ie123

I live in Irmo, SC. We don't have an Apple Store (Circuit City sells them and so does Best Buy) and I think that's why I haven't really seen any. Also I haven't been looking, I only got an iPod after seeing it at Best Buy...lol :)

katy21

i m a student at massey university -college of creative arts nz and ipods are everywhere, ipods are definately a popular item
in our major the hard drive space is extremely favoured for files with the bonus music. then u have the music school and you can imagine

BLiZZARDKiLL

Website
xanga.com
When you live in NY, it's all you'll see but in my school, I only know of 4 or 5 people that have considering that alot of kids live in residential areas (otherwise known as the projects). You have to be careful in my school because iPod are everywhere and people that can't afford them will do anything to get them. There are alot of subway & street incidents regarding iPod. It's really quite sad. I changed my ear phones and have to hide my iPod so nothing happens to me or my iPod. =)

mjmoonwalker

Website
eminemjamesuk.com
Extremely popular! I go to a preppy private school, so basically everyone has an iPod.

Even when I get out of school and go home, everybody has an iPod when I look out the window. It's pretty common since I live in the city of the birthplace of Apple Computer.