• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

How common are iPods where you live?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Boaguy

Website
homepage.mac.com
Uh, Basically all my friends have them..infact I can't think of one that doesn't. Thats about how thick the iPod culture is among teens in Florida.

podio

Why are you reading this?
Well I saw 2 people at a McDonalds across the street from the college when we were going to best buy one day. You could see the white cables and earbuds.

Ipodaussie

where im from, i barely saw anyone with them, but where im living(which is like 240km away, in american terms a long way away), i see at least 1 to 5 a day

Kristiano

He hates Scousers
I wonder how many people have misintepreted PSP earbuds for iPod ones...;)

orb

Website
www.ohanakii.com
Went into the West End of London last night and yes, they're everywhere. The ones that I could see (I didn't look TOO hard ;)were 4th gen iPods, as well as one mini siting and didn't see any shuffles.

xCrossBeatsx

from where i'm from - it's not THAT common coz they're quite pricey! but i do know quite a lot of people who own one! i have about 10-15 friends who have iPod's..

stik fig

in my group of 7 4 have ipods...and after christmas of 04...i think 1500 of the 3000+ kids at my school got em

TiberiusBkirk

To paraphrase that classic movie of the 80's, the legend of billie jean.
"they're everywhere" in manhattan.

smjr15

student member
i aint seen 1 ipodder where i live (telford UK)

does any 1 live near telford that comes on this site?

mattf4184

not many i got one and then after some people played with it they thought it was really cool and got 1

melsmusic

In our house ... very common !!!

Around town .. younger kids have shuffles & mini's. Not that common otherwise.

melsmusic

NYC is one giant iPOD hive.
Actually the first time I had even heard of an ipod was one Christmas they did a story on the "hot items" for the year in different countries etc ... and in NY they said there was a mad scamble to try and get one. They were selling faster than they could deliver them.

I thought to myself .. what is an IPOD >>>>

maogall

The Bluest Light
probably 2 out of 5 most have Shuffles and Mini's though, only a few with 4G or 3G ipods.

iShayne

I live in Toronto and before I got my ipod mini I really wasn't on the look out for others who had them nor did I really care. But I've noticed since I got mine a few weeks ago I've been more aware of those who have them and I've began noticing more and more people with them as well. Actually, I was walking to the bank about an hour ago and noticed one guy at the bus stop with a pair of white ear phones.

iJerry

I live in a town of about 100,000 but its out in the countryside. In my school, I'd say about 20% of people have ipods.

sflshooter

i never see them around the town, when i went to high school nobody had one, this year in college though i see those white ipod 'buds every where, im sure most of them are 4th gen or minis