• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

How common are iPods where you live?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

jedi1354

in my town of 3000 people i never see them i have one my sister my mom my dad and i have a friend named shaun we all have 40gb ones then this girl at my school has a shuffel and the principle has a gold mini people always ask me what it is

Voltaire

On the tube in London the other day, I counted 14 heads I could see. 9 of these people had some sort of earphone in and of these, 7 where ipod white. we are taking over the world people!

the_wang

In Miami, I can walk through Sunset Place and see one on every other person. In Chattanooga, there are only three people I've seen with one, including me.

jngrossmann

Who me? Couldn't be!
They're like a plague in my town (albeit a good one). First, a friend of mine got a 1g, then people discovered them at the time of the 3g (like me) and now, after christmas, there is a horde of people with their little 4g's on their dumb little belt clips. It's almost like they're saying, "Please, someone come over and mug me!"

mrgrill

jngrossmann said:
They're like a plague in my town (albeit a good one). First, a friend of mine got a 1g, then people discovered them at the time of the 3g (like me) and now, after christmas, there is a horde of people with their little 4g's on their dumb little belt clips. It's almost like they're saying, "Please, someone come over and mug me!"
Totally agree. I wandered to my local train station yesterday to buy a paper, milk etc. I notice this pretty girl, as you do, standing there, with the white headphones and a pink mini clipped to her hip. Outside a station?!!?...I felt like telling her that she might as well just yell "SOMEBODY MUG ME, PLEASE!!"...I didn't tell her though.

Just smiled and nodded...as you do
;)

Icecool

Apple Psychopath
From today:

I hop on a bus. At the bus stop there is a guy with an iPod shuffle hanging around his neck.

I get on the bus, and there's a girl listening to her pink iPod mini.

One of my friends on the bus has a 3G 20GB like me.

I get where I'm going and I see two people walking along with white earphones. Looked like iPod ones.

After this I pretty much stopped looking.

chadvw

Website
www.chadvanwalsum.com
I attend a mac heavy design school and I'd say about 25% of the students own one. at my work, I'm the first, but since I bought mine, about 5 others own one now, ranging from shuffels to minis

Captain Crunch

they are definitly common here in NEW YORK. but in Brooklyn I honeslty havent seen much, especially Shuffles. Only people I know that have them(that I persoanlly know)are my friend in my class and I

CJNeverWinter

I Hunt Sock Monsters!
Website
www.moviereviewz.us
I live in Rochester NY which has 6 colleges and whenever I go to one of the campus' there are iPods all over the place. I work for a local school district and have not seen many at all at the high school, though on tuesday I was at our admin building for the afternoon and 3 of of the admins had them. The Athletic Director, the Human Resources Director, and the Assistant SuperIntendant of Schools.

Unfortunately I dont own an iPod yet. Still researching the one I want and will purchase one when I get my federal tax refund. This has to be one of the greatest sites for honest opinions on the iPods!!

alv077

To be honest, Ive never seen a single iPod where i go to school. (A school in Ontario, pretty large town) Ive seen a photo and a mini gen 1 thus far though.

However, Im pretty sure they are more common amongst the university crowd.

minime

Your everyday iPodder!
I see iPods a lot where I live. There are 3 people (not including me) just on my Bus with iPods. The majority of joggers in my area are wearing the white buds. This family on my street has a total of 3 iPods (2 Powerbooks, and a mac mini also) in their house.

jmmtn4aj

Ownage Lounger
Website
www.last.fm
im in singapore and i see about 10 a day. as for school everyone copies each other and thus quite a lot of people i know have em.

thiswho

here in NYC they are almost as common as CD players.. just treated a lot better

antwerp

The entire year of 2003, I could count on one hand how many people I saw with the white buds. And it was the same regulars over and over again.

2004: I can't count that high.

M.Dot

Website
www.xanga.com
I'm in boston aka college town and if i dont see an ipod then something is wrong.

it's really crazy to take the train home and half the car has white ear buds. lol