• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

How common are iPods where you live?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

AmorYSuerte

A New Day...
In my school, I could spot at least 1 person every other day, but after Christmas more and more people had them 1 out of 10 and every once in a while I see someone with one and no white earbuds.

SergeArsenie

Spirit of the Squirrel
I live in Chicago and i've seen maybe 4 people with iPods, thats about it and they were all mini's. I'm sure there's more Podders but i'm sure they're all minis.

YPie

They're all over the place, particularly at the gym. I've only seen one other person with a shuffle though (at the gym again, and I had mine first :))

-James

Website
www.google.co.uk
Well, my class seems to have loads of iPods. I have two, and then there's one guy with a mini and two with a 4G. But then, i've only seen about 5 other people with iPods in the whole of the rest of the school.

iPodible

Happiness is an iPod Away
I see quite a few ipods at my school. I have only seen one other 3rd gen. Most I see are 4th gen or minis. I don't usually have my ipod showing because I snake the cord through my shirt and just have the right side earbud in my ear and the ipod in my pocket). I am very protective and only get my closest friend or 2 use it, while in my sight. I want to make sure no one can get their hands on it unless I know about it.

gamesready4

i have only seen one blue ipod mini at school other then that they are rare items to come by here

ipodsteve

There is one guy who lives down the street from me (I am middle class.. but I live on a block with rich people.. ) and he's got a 3G 20 gig.. and a 4G 60gig Ipod Photo.. Only guy who goes to my school that has one..

Kristiano

He hates Scousers
My country is heavily condensed (population 4million) and a majority fo them live in the city and yes, iPods are pretty popular, especially the 4th Gens.

churnopol

Website
www.4pp13.com
i work late night, when i drive home from work in the morning every kid at the bus stops are listening to ipods

kirky

Website
www.kirky.dk
They are getting more and more common where I live. I have started seeing a few on campus and at the gym. But they are still heavily outnumbered by muvos and no-name 512mb players. Probably because not a lot of stores sell apple equipment here.

archurban

ipod adviser
Website
web.mac.com
unbelievable! I am living in the city like almost 3 million people where is St. Louis metropolitan area. well, since I had have 4G ipod last July, I have seen about 30 people who had any generation ipod. that's strange I can hadrly see ipods around me because the city is now grown like crazy into suburban area.

hardisonthefloo

GinoLicious said:
Not many.. Maybe 50 at the most in my school.
i would think that 50 in one school would be quite a bit....unless you just go to a huge freaking school

skateboarderx24

Alternative Fuel Advocate
Website
www.schumanautomotive.com
their are like maybe a good 50 -60 ipods in my high schoolof mostly 2300 kids...... mostly minis and a couple regular ones....but my school is situated in poorest area of my county..im not poor..but most kids with ipods are the rich kids or kids that save up...i only see 2 ipods a day tho...mine and my friends that has the same 4 and 1 period as me...everyone else doesnt listen to theirs all the time..it must be a fashion piece for them ...cha losers

Klekk

At first it was one in a million when I bought my 3g almost two years ago. But now since our local gadget store Spaceword started selling them, their everywhere.

mrgrill

Loads of people here where I live. I find it quite amusing actually, cos all the people I see, all have the default white buds - for some reason, most of them seem to have one plug in, and one out which I think is sposed to be "street" or some kind of fashion statement. Nevertheless, it looks ####e... Also, I find it funny cos they actually use the default white headphones....If these people had any sense, they wouldn't. All they wear them for is to look cool and show off - Hey look at me, I have an iPod.. In fact it wouldn't suprise me if these people just have the headphones and no iPod!!!!. Jeez...Why buy an iPod to listen to it with the standard crappy headphones...

These people also look at my weird cos I have some Sony EX81s plugged in. I can almost read their minds "What is this guy got in his ears, is he trying to copy us iPod people with white headphones???"

I just want better buds thats all!!!

Rant over :D