How can I stop ITunes losing my home videos on IPhone

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Dave Middleton

Hi.
Due to some issues with Windows 10, I had to revert to an earlier version.
When I installed I tunes, I had my Music library intact.
However, I had no videos.
I therefore hard sync'd my IPad and ITunes wiped all the videos!!
Now, I only have one set left on one of my IPhones.

Can anyone please explain in layman's terms how to ensure I do not lose these videos, OR how to get them on to ITunes, OR even to a file for the future.

Please note that these videos are NOT on the camera roll. They are stored in the Videos App on the phone.

Thanks

I also have another issue with ITunes which I will post separately

cjmnews

Staff member
iTunes syncs what is in the library.
If these videos are not in iTunes, they will get wiped from the devices.

A lot of people think they are clever and "saving space" on their computers by syncing videos and music to their phones, and then deleting them from their computer. This causes the problem you described. Disc space is cheap! Consolidate the library to a larger drive or upgrade the internal drive instead of deleting data and causing issues later.

The best way to resolve this is to restore your backup of the videos and add them back into iTunes. I know you don't have a backup.

Since the data is not in the camera roll, you may need to purchase some third party software like CopyTrans that may be able to recover this for you. You do the research and verify that it can recover videos that are not in the camera roll before you buy or attempt to recover. I only list the one I can remember, I don't know if it works or not.