Horrible Battery Life on new iPod nano

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

ajmiarka

Is anyone else experiencing horrible battery life with their new nano? I fully charged my nano last night and took it off the charger at 6am this morning. It's been sitting in my laptop bag and has not been used at all except to show some co-workers the interface. Took it out of my bag at 2pm and the battery meter is lower than 25%!

Is something running the background? How can I check this?

d3m0nICE

Word of advice for all iPods: NEVER trust the battery meter.
Run some tests and let us know if it's getting 5 hours or 25 hours, then get back to us.

ajmiarka

Will do. It just seemed really strange as I have never had that happen with any other iPod I have owned. I'll use the nano more this week and report back.

studogvetmed

Website
www.vandeventers.com
Do you sync calendars? Do you have alarms set in the calendars? I found that this would drain the battery quicker in my experiences. Turn of calendar alarms in your settings if so.

ajmiarka

studogvetmed said:
Do you sync calendars? Do you have alarms set in the calendars? I found that this would drain the battery quicker in my experiences. Turn of calendar alarms in your settings if so.
Yes, I do have 4 calendars that I sync, but no alarms on any of them. I'll double check though. Never thought about that.

ajmiarka

Just checked. The alarm default was set to beep. Even then, I only have on calendar item per day, not a bunch of appointments throughout. I'll charge it over night again and see what happens.

pilkey01

iLounger
Website
www.macrumors.com
I'm pretty sure that it's just the battery meter being wrong.
Yesterday, my 5G iPod completely ran out of battery. After charging it for 10 minutes and unplugging, the battery meter was full. Does this mean I have super duper turbo ac adapter? No.

aron8

studogvetmed said:

How do you sync calendars? and set alarms in the calendars?

studogvetmed

Website
www.vandeventers.com
Well calendar syncing is enabled through the calendar tab in the iPod settings while connected to iTunes. It has a few settings about alarms there. You can further control alarms on/off directly on the iPod in the settings menu.

andy2808

My battery life is as good as apple says it should be -24 hours for music. I don't own a mac or outlook so wouldn't know if calendar sync effects the charge that much