Hollow #[email protected]%#$^ing Rating Stars

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

crashtestdummy

How to I get rid of these damn hollow rating stars. For some reason my iTunes has been batch rating formerly unrated songs. :mad:

My library is quite large on an external drive on a 7 year old laptop running XP. Needless to say it's quite slow to respond to anything.

S2_Mac

How to I get rid of these damn hollow rating stars.

If you're talking about hollow stars in a List view column named "Album Rating", you're not going to get rid of them.

OTOH, if you're talking about hollow stars appearing as track ratings (in the List view column named "Rating"), that's the result of the album's rating being set to "hard stars". To clear the hollow stars from the track ratings, you'll have to clear the "hard" album rating -- display your music in List view and display the Artwork Column; for every album with "hard" stars, click to the left of the stars under the artwork (or drag from the highest star all the way to the left); this will clear the hollow stars from the track ratings. If you're using a Mac, there's a script to do this for you.

The upshot is that there's no way to set an Album Rating on your own without hollow stars being added to unrated tracks. Yes that sucks, but it's been that way for years....

crashtestdummy

Thanks S2_Mac, my problem stars were hollow stars appearing as track ratings. I had almost 1000 songs get this treatment by iTunes. Luckily it only involved 4 "albums". I renamed the affected ones and fixed them without messing with the other songs in the albums.

FWIW, I'm going to add ratings to my comments. That way the rating will stay with the files and not be subject to the whims of iTunes.