Hissing Problems Worse than 5.5G iPod :(

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Complexis

Is it just me, or is the quality of the audio worse than the standard 5.5G ipod? I've noticed that there is more hissing and background noise when listening to a song on the Touch vs the 5.5G ipod. The hissing is not horrible to the point of not being able to listen to a song properly, but there is a noticeable difference in the audio quality between the two. I have tried attempted changing the EQ settings, and when matched against the identical EQ settings of the iPod 5.5G, sound quality always is a step down from the 5.5G model.

I had expected that since the new iPod Touch was Flash based, it would have higher audio quality since it can get data from the HD faster, but unfortunately for me, this is not the case. I got the 16GB model, and though the storage isn't as great as my 30GB, i was really hoping that everything else would be top notch too, but for me, this isn't the case. I am considering returning the unit after having just gotten it yesterday. This is a huge disappointment for me, and it has taught me never to buy a product at its initial release until all the bugs get worked out.

Last edited:

Gunner

ilounge is also reporting that the Touch has inferior audio quality compared to the new Classic and Nano.

The bad news is just pouring in now.

yacoub

wtf that's ridiculous, why would they do that on their EXPENSIVE, FLAGSHIP model?? I thought it was the other way around and the Classics were the one where they went 'cheap' and used a lesser audio codec?

homeboy

Wow this sucks. Now I'm rreally going to hold on to my money until November or December when Apple has got the issues with the iTouch and Classic worked out. The itouch 16GB priced at close to 400 dollar, should be freaking perfect. Now I'm really torn.

Complexis

I don't know about any of the classics, but I do recall the classics having lock ups and audio problems posted by iLounge. I guess all the money goes towards paying for storage. In the case of the classics, the large HD, and the iPod Touch, the solid state drive. I am hoping that perhaps they have a firmware update that will be released soon, otherwise if it is a hardware problem, or if its just the way it is, I'm returning this unit.

homeboy

Complexis said:
I don't know about any of the classics, but I do recall the classics having lock ups and audio problems posted by iLounge. I guess all the money goes towards paying for storage. In the case of the classics, the large HD, and the iPod Touch, the solid state drive. I am hoping that perhaps they have a firmware update that will be released soon, otherwise if it is a hardware problem, or if its just the way it is, I'm returning this unit.

If the hiss annoys you than you should return the unit and wait a few weeks or months until it's fixed. After all 400 dollars is a lot of money to be thrown at a device which you aren't 100% satisfied with.

I believe there were similar reports about the G5 when it came out. Has the issue been resolved?

Kurahoshi

Gunner said:
ilounge is also reporting that the Touch has inferior audio quality compared to the new Classic and Nano.

The bad news is just pouring in now.
Is the iPhone's audio better, same as the Classic and Nano?