Hidden Tracks on CD's

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

the_wang

Isn't it fun when you have hidden tracks on a cd? Besides that, haven't you noticed that it's a bit annoying that the official "last" song happens to be 5 or 6 minutes of complete silence.

lightintodark

Betrayer of Rock n Roll
Website
www.myspace.com
I've only had one instance where I found a hidden track on a cd. About ten years ago, I bought a compilation cd called "No Alternative". I got it because it had tracks by The Smashing Pumpkins, Soundagarden and Pavement that I had never heard before. Never listened to the whole thing, just those few songs. Fast forward to late last year when I got an iPod, as I'm converting this cd, I notice a new track by Nirvana at the end of the album that I never new was there!! Ten years later and I get a Nirvana track! Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised!:)

punxking

Punk's Not Dead...
My favorite is the Tool album Undertow, where they decided it would be oh-so-hilarious and clever to have a secret track 69 and so added something like 58 2 second blank tracks as spacers. Thank God I caught that before adding the album to iTunes...

Audiowave

Yeah that's pretty annoying when you have to wait 5 minutes for the secret track.On Melees CD,Everyday Behavior,in the last track,you wait a little under five minutes for the hidden track.It sucks,thoguh.

swy32x

It seems to have gone with the wind with the introduction of Digital Music.

I have encountered it on Jay-Z's 'The Blueprint' with 3 tracks as the last song, and Black Eyed Peas 'Bridging The Gap'

bdb

On the B side of life
It think its a pretty stupid concept - its not like its really hidden, its just that it takes a tiny bit of extra effort to get to it - and and extra effort for mp3 conversion. Tool like mp3trim make it a lot easier to cut off the ends, but that really shouldn't be necessary. It'd be better if they'd just add a "silence" track in between.

One CD even had several one-second tracks so you'd have to fast forward several times to get to the "hidden' track. :rolleyes:

the_pressure

lightintodark said:
About ten years ago, I bought a compilation cd called "No Alternative"
on an unrealated note... I LOVE that cd.

on a related note...i'm annoyed by the hidden tracks.....espically when they put two songs onto one track. you know, so you have a song like 3 mins of silence then another song? ick.

iPac

Website
www.thuglifearmy.com
haha.

On the 'Dead Prez - Lets Get Free'

There is 10 tracks like normal, then about 45, 4-second long, blank tracks, there after all them, is the hidden track ;)

MiniMan13

On Green Day's cd "Dookie" you have to wait 4 minutes or something and you'll get to listen to a hidden track. It's pretty funny tto.

Hit'EmUp

on VOL 3...Life and Times of S. Carter by Jay-Z, the Outro is 11 min long cuz of the hidden track

Wolffe

Nine Inch Nails threw two hidden tracks -- 98 and 99 -- on "Broken". I remember when I first bought that CD and I saw my CD player slowly counting... and counting... and counting...

bdb

On the B side of life
the_pressure said:
on an unrealated note... I LOVE that cd.

on a related note...i'm annoyed by the hidden tracks.....espically when they put two songs onto one track. you know, so you have a song like 3 mins of silence then another song? ick.
Yeah, I've seen this as well. I had to chop it into two tracks...three, really, with the silence in the middle being the one I had to cut out.

Jenesis

Stormtrooper Of Def
Website
back.to
Mazza Manson's Antichrist Superstar has 85-odd blank tracks to wade through/skip before the hidden track (track 99). The X Files CD Songs In The Key Of X has a hidden Nick Cave song at the start of the CD!

My fave "hidden" track - Extreme, Waiting For The Punchline.

Last edited:

paulnelson20

5-10 minutes is nothing, check out staind's hidden track on Dysfunction, it's like 20 minutes, but it's a fricken great track

dlegros

Got my own title at last!
darling_nikki said:
One of Nirvana's albums had a hidden trac at the end of it...pretty good but you have to wait 10 minutes for it
That was "Nevermind"

Dom