Help

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Spewy

Hi All,

I haven't been on this forum for circa 6 years due to giving up with ITunes. However I now have a phone with a bigger memory so though why not get some music back on your phone?
I tried syncing with the old library without success, asked the kids but they use online apps now.

Can I wipe the old library an start again?
If so, how is it done?
One last query - Can someone remind me how to move music from my laptop to the phone?

Thank you in advance

cjmnews

Staff member
What does "without success" mean?

The things I can think of are:
  • Failure to tell the phone to trust your computer.
  • Apple ID is different between phone and iTunes
  • iTunes is old and needs to be upgraded
As for wiping the library, you can select stuff you see in the library and delete it. Not sure why this is helpful. You can also delete iTunes knowledge of all files by going to Edit->Preferences, Advanced take note of the path where the library is. Close iTunes, Open Windows Explorer, navigate to that path and delete the iTunes Library.itl file (actually any *.itl file you have in case you named it different) and then open iTunes and it will be empty.

If you can't see the extensions for the files, you can Google how to see extensions in Windows Explorer. This will retain any music files you already owned. If you want to wipe them out too, then go to the iTunes Media folder in Windows Explorer, select everything with Ctrl-A and send to the recycle bin. Now you have no music either.

Apple has help on how to copy music from the laptop to the iPhone: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201253