Help wth Good Notes and iPad 3

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

murphzmom

I just upgraded today from the original iPad 1 to the 3. So far I love it but have a question about Good Notes. How can I get the documents that I have in Good Notes on my first iPad to this one.

Thanks!!

kornchild2002

I'm not familiar with that app. Does it have Dropbox capabilities? You may have to export them as a PDF file using Good Notes (I'm not sure if it can do that, my notes app can but, like I said, I've never used Good Notes). You can also see if it's in the additional data of your iPad. Plug your old iPad into your computer, click on the apps tab from within the iPad window in iTunes, scroll down, and you should see the section from extra app data. From there, select the Good Notes app and you should see a list of files to the left. You can copy those files off of your old iPad onto your computer and then copy them back to your newer iPad (the same method). However, this assumes that Good Notes has accessible notes files.

You could also just sync your iPad 3 to the last backup of your old iPad, that's assuming you perform regular syncs and backups with your computer. iTunes will then automatically sync all content over (apps, app data, music, videos, etc.) so that it matched that of your first iPad.

cjmnews

Staff member
The original poster had Good Notes on his iPad 3 already. He was looking to transfer the notes from his old iPad to the new one.

My guess is that you connect the old iPad to iTunes, click on the iPad, then the Apps section. In the bottom of the App section there is a list of the apps that can store and retrieve files. Hopefully Good Notes is there. Click on Good Notes and you should see a list of all your Notes, and there is a Save To button. Click this and save to a place on your PC that you can remember. Repeat for all notes. Disconnect the old iPad.

Now connect the iPad 3 to iTunes. click on the iPad, then the Apps section. In the bottom of the App section there is a list of the apps that can store and retrieve files. Click on Good Notes. Click on the Add button, locate the notes you saved above, select the first one. Repeat for all notes. Click on the Sync button.

If Good Notes supports this feature like other apps, this should transfer them.