Help With Shuffle Function Please

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

bigjohnny7

So I've had my 80GB iPod for about 6 months now and I've only just managed to get around to using the shuffle function.

The trouble is, I'm having a few difficulties with turning the shuffle function on (sounds like a joke but I am).

I successfully put it on shuffle the other day (and managed to turn the shuffle function off a few days later) and it was fine. Today, I tried to put it on shuffle and it only shuffle played the album I was in the middle of listening to (I wanted it to shuffle play all the songs on my iPod). So how can I completely come out of the album I am listening to, to be able to shuffle play all the songs on my iPod, as there is no "stop" button? I'm sure someone on here will tell me there is a "stop" button but I just don't know how to use it.

Apologies for being such a doofus and thanks in advance for your help.

Turn shuffle songs on under settings and then go to music>songs and start playing a song from that section or you can go to settings>main menu>shuffle to turn shuffle on & it will be appear on the first menu for you to select.

When you playing songs from a playlist or under an artists/album section then it will shuffle from that section. If you want all songs to shuffle then you need to select from that section.

bwh79

1) The "Shuffle" setting - Settings-> Shuffle-> (Songs|Albums|Off): This is where you turn shuffle on or off. Actually, you don't turn it on or off, you turn it to Songs, Albums, or Off. This setting determines whether or not (and if so, how) the songs are shuffled among your current listening selection (album, playlist, etc.). If set to "Songs", then all songs will be shuffled in random order. If set to "Albums", then all songs from one album will play, and then another album will be selected at random. If set to "Off", then tracks will play in playlist- or album-order.

2) The "Shuffle Songs" command (Shuffle Songs from the main menu): This is not a setting, it is a command. Selecting this option from the main menu will stop whatever playlist or selection is playing currently, and will mix up all songs on the iPod (except for those flagged "Skip when shuffling") and play them in random order.

miniMAMF

Also, there is no "stop" on the iPod. That's would be a leftover from the days of analog tape and is not needed in a digital world. The play/pause button performs all you need. If you pause a song, and then choose another playlist or album or whatever, iPod will replace the current selection with your new selection and play.