• iLounge and the Discussion Forums are read by people in countries all over the world. The legality of DVD-to-iPod ripping will vary based on your country of residence. iLounge does not in any way endorse violation of the valid rights of copyright holders, and strongly recommends that you consult your country's copyright and fair use laws before copying any video content.

Help With Audio Synch

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

mashpg

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease! I've tried several conversions. I need a fool proof, great method to make sure the audio synchs up with the video. Is there a different conversion program (instead of videora) that does the synchronization perfectly every time? I tried all the bitrate combinations, no dice.

So far I converted The Boondock Saints, Saw II, and Sin City with no problem, but Fight Club and Menace II Society are not synchronized well towards the end. Help! Please don't let this topic die because I know you guys know a way to help.

Cybrguy

mashpg said:
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease! I've tried several conversions. I need a fool proof, great method to make sure the audio synchs up with the video. Is there a different conversion program (instead of videora) that does the synchronization perfectly every time? I tried all the bitrate combinations, no dice.

So far I converted The Boondock Saints, Saw II, and Sin City with no problem, but Fight Club and Menace II Society are not synchronized well towards the end. Help! Please don't let this topic die because I know you guys know a way to help.

Try inserting "-async1" (without the quotes) as a custom ffmpeg flag.

This helped resolve a couple of audio sync DVD's.

mashpg

Please just help me

Yesterday, I took my iPod, stomped on its screen, took a screwdriver to it, and reversed it so the headphone jack is at the bottom, and then continued to destroy it.

Don't worry though, that was my old, broken iPod that I used to take my anger out on. If you don't help me....the same thing might happen to my new video iPod! You don't want that on your conscious, do ya?

So here is my problem. Videora and audio synching. Since I have no DVD player on my computer, I need to get my videos some other way (I don't know if I can discuss this method, so let's just say they magically appear).

So I have a 700 mb .avi file called Battle Royale right. And I tried using Videora to convert it. No luck, the audio doesn't synch right with the video. I did all your stupid bitrate combinations, no luck. So what can I do now? Should I try again with a different bitrate crap, should I download a different, foolproof program, I need help! Please give me a detailed explanation. And also, please reply, cause I've made like 3 topics stating the same problem and they got no answers, so I'll be forced to bump this topic till it does.

mashpg

Yea, I've seen that page before, but I didn't want to download all those programs. Oh well, my iPod wants to play hardball now, so bring it on. I'll get back to you guys if it doesn't work.

P.S. thanks to the mod who moved my topic into my old topic instead of deleting it like most mods would, that was kind.

mashpg

Wait a minute, no this won't work. Not to mention the author of this websites comment on the bottom of the tutorial, "This method sounds amazing but doesn't usually work =(."

My .avi files are fine and are perfectly synched, when I convert them to .mp4 files with Videora they become out a synch. Problem re-opened :(

mashpg

Now I know out of the thousands of iPod video users in here, at least one of you configured your audio and video correctly. I'm bumping this for them.