• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

HELP PROMOTE iPODLOUNGE

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

breakaway1029

<NOTE> THIS IS BREAKAWAY1029's attempt at the Promote iPodlounge Contest</NOTE>

1. Get a web site. Geocities, Angelfire...Whatever

2. Add the following HTML somewhere on your site

<a href="http://www.ipodlounge.com">"iPodlounge"</a>

3. Add Your Site to Google

4. Get as many people as you can to repeat these steps, and wait for iPodlounge to become the #1 search on Google!

Last edited:

stickuto

Sticky Lounger
does it need to be, there enough people on here, they can obviosily find it without having to see it number one on google

Adam

Brushed Steel Guy
Why?

There are enough people here anyway.

Type in 'ipod forums' into google and there is no other choice. Also, type in my name and it'll do the same thing (Adam Podnar, try it :p).

breakaway1029

It's for the Promote iPodlounge Contest, that is on the front page...I am trying to organize a "Google Bombing" campaign, so that a search for iPod returns ipodlounge instead of apple. I guess this isn;t working too well....

stickuto

Sticky Lounger
ok, i found it, your idea will only work if people do it,

and by the looks of it, its not going to well to start off with

MusicManiac

I agree with others that say iPodLounge is making us do their dirty work. But, it's okay.

Bob

Administrator
Website
forums.ilounge.com
MusicManiac said:
I agree with others that say iPodLounge is making us do their dirty work. But, it's okay.
Hmmm, dirty work? You enter a contest. Get a prize. Help promote iPodlounge with your entry. Hardly dirty work.

But if one of your mates asks you for a good site to go to for advice on the iPod where will you tell him to go? Here? Isn't that promoting iPodlounge? ;)

But if you feel so strongly, the choice is easy. Don't enter. No guns held to heads. Or threats to crush your iPod under a roadroller...