Help: New iPod Data Corrupted (?)

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

weatherman

Señor Lounger
Running Windows XP SP2, firewire, 40 gb iPod photo

So I just got this new iPod 40gb photo, and the first thing I did when I got it was plug it in to charge it. Plugged it in to the computer though, and when it was charging and loading the software, the process froze during the formatting phase. I had to shut down the computer while the iPod still had the "do not remove" screen up.

Now the iPod has 20 gigs (105 gigs? 14 gigs?) of garbage folders on it, and I can't sync my music. The iPod appears to work (menu system functional) but there is a large chunk of the drive that is unavailable and I can't get my tunes over to it.

I've tried a reset (which is really a pretty soft reset if I ever saw one) but being unfamiliar with iPod/mac I don't want to do anything more drastic (such as format the drive manually under Windows for fear that I'll lose the firmware or something)

What do I do!? I can't play with my lovely new toy!

weatherman

Señor Lounger
Never mind...for the moment at least. I phreaked out. I ran the Updater and I think I'm on the road to repair.

Please ignore this ignoble first post :)