Help needed!

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Ward

Hi, i'm trying to get 2 ipods onto the same itunes, i keep failing. And i also need to keep all my music stored onto my external hard drive, now when i want to update my ipod do i have to transfer all my music into the my music folder?? As the timer says this will take up to an hour each time.....

I've had an ipod for a few years and i've never been able to get it to do what i want :shake: It's quite embarrassing but any help would be greatly appreciated.

cjmnews

Staff member
Wow, you're really having a hard time. You should probably set up iTunes properly then get the two iPods to sync.

Read through the steps you need, understand them, then do it.

Beginners guide to iTunes
You may want to consider Option 3 in rebuilding your library and you should use the music on the external drive. Jesse has some tips on the meanings of some of the settings with reference to external drives.

Now that you have iTunes set up with the music on the external hard drive, you will not have to transfer songs back to C: to sync. You should be able to sync from the external drive.

Then you can look at how you want to sync your iPods. I have 4 iPods currently syncing to my one library all using the sync to specific playlists (also called semi-auto sync) with no issues.

If all this seems like jibberish, get a geek friend to help you out for a few hours.

Ward

Wow, you're really having a hard time. You should probably set up iTunes properly then get the two iPods to sync.

Read through the steps you need, understand them, then do it.

Beginners guide to iTunes
You may want to consider Option 3 in rebuilding your library and you should use the music on the external drive. Jesse has some tips on the meanings of some of the settings with reference to external drives.

Now that you have iTunes set up with the music on the external hard drive, you will not have to transfer songs back to C: to sync. You should be able to sync from the external drive.

Then you can look at how you want to sync your iPods. I have 4 iPods currently syncing to my one library all using the sync to specific playlists (also called semi-auto sync) with no issues.

If all this seems like jibberish, get a geek friend to help you out for a few hours.
I'll give this a shot tomorrow.....only partly jibberish haha thanks alot ;)