Help, my mom is looking at Macbooks on Amazon

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

DR0570

…and she doesn’t know what shes doing nor will she listen to me.
I keep seeing ”8GB RAM, 256GB SSD” this just loses me… when i look at the GB on my ipad and HP which has 465GB. But is that in Ram or SSD?
(I REALLY wish she would wait until we move but… OH YES! 😡😡 I forgot, she doesn’t want to…😩😩😩😪)

cjmnews

Staff member
The HP "456GB" is a 512 GB SSD. The 512GB is the unformatted size and some additional space is used for recovery.
The HP likely has 8GB of RAM but it could have more.

The iPad storage is similar to SSD storage space.

The Macbook with 256GB storage is an entry level model. It is fine if you don't store a lot on the Macbook this is usable. You may have to remove some programs to install others eventually, and this is not good for storing videos. If you plan on storing a lot on the Macbook, like all pictures from a family, videos or have lots of games and apps, then a larger storage solution would be needed.

8GB of ram is functional for most people. But this will not be good for large photo editing or video editing.

CPU may also have an impact. The slower CPU option is fine for general usage, but a faster CPU is needed for video editing and some games.

DR0570

My original plan was to put my music and pictures on there and i went to properties my music on my HP adds up to 38.26 GBand my pics 2.74 GB. So i guess that should add up around 40? 42 maybe?? Im gonna my USB pen drives for videos.