• iLounge and the Discussion Forums are read by people in countries all over the world. The legality of DVD-to-iPod ripping will vary based on your country of residence. iLounge does not in any way endorse violation of the valid rights of copyright holders, and strongly recommends that you consult your country's copyright and fair use laws before copying any video content.

Help Me Not Destroy my Brand New iPod!

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

mashpg

I'm fed up. I've been on this site for basically 2 whole days (minus sleeping, eating, and socializing) downloading all the programs you guys reccomended and following all the tutorials you guys gave me. After around....hmmm, let's see...probably 1,000 conversion attempts I have yet to put one video on my highly exspensive iPod. So let's give this another try. I have a .mov file that i want to convert to my iPod...which doesn't make sense cause I thought the iPod accepted .mov files, as shown here:

iPod can play the following formats:
# H.264
File formats: .m4v, .mp4, and .mov
Video: Up to 768 kbits/sec, 320 x 240, 30 frames per second (fps), Baseline Profile up to Level 1.3.
Audio: AAC-LC up to 160 kbits/sec, 48 Khz, and stereo audio.

But whatever, I'm asking you...nay, begging you to help me out with this one more time. Give a great, beautiful tutorial to convert a file called testify.mov to whatever the iPod recognizes. Talk to me as you would to a retarted monkey, cause I really don't get all your big words. I have all the necessary programs already, I just need a great, easy tutorial. Thank you.

EDIT: HOW IRONIC, 15 MINUTES AFTER I POST THIS I FIGURE IT OUT. I MESSED UP WHEN I DID PUT MP4 AS THE ENCRYPTION IN VLC. ONE QUICK QUESTION THOUGH, WHY IS IT THAT WHEN I PLAY MY MOVIES ON MY IPOD, THEY SOMETIMES DON'T START AT THE BEGINNING, SOME WILL START LIKE 10 SECONDS ALREADY INTO IT, AND I HAVE TO SELECT IT AGAIN SO IT GOES FROM THE BEGINNING.

Last edited:

-[Virus]-|Brad|

I think that happens as thats where the video was when you played it on iTunes, it happens to me too, only the first time I view it though. :)
Glad you figured it out, I had a bit of trouble too.

iMonster

Roooooar!
"WHY IS IT THAT WHEN I PLAY MY MOVIES ON MY IPOD, THEY SOMETIMES DON'T START AT THE BEGINNING, SOME WILL START LIKE 10 SECONDS ALREADY INTO IT, AND I HAVE TO SELECT IT AGAIN SO IT GOES FROM THE BEGINNING."

you have to uncheck in INFO for it to remember your last playback position.

jefmcg

iMonster said:
"
you have to uncheck in INFO for it to remember your last playback position.
What does this mean? Where's the INFO checkbox?

thanks