Help Me: baught a 3rd Gen On ebay and it wont charge

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

raidersfann26

4G 40GB IPod Photo
Okay, i got a 30gb with everything...in mint condition... no scratches or nothing, however when i took it out of the box to put my songs on it i formatted it and all that good stuff, then the battery was at about 30%... while i was updating my songs it got to abotu 10gb and shut off... the battery was dead... then i looked on the ipod to view which songs were actually on there... and there wasnt any. Okay so i figured ill just charge it while at work and when i get home put my songs on it... 8 hours later i get home and it says "still charging" so i take it off to put my songs back on again and the battery is still only at one bar! after being charged for 8 hours. so i tried to update it again and it got up to about 2000 songs and the battery just went dead again... does anybody know what the problem is here?... the owner claimed that she had the battery replaced a few months ago... isnt the ipod suspusto charge through the USB?.... my photo ipod did... but now it doesnt and i dont have any idea why... any help would be appreciated!

thanks

jedk

The 3G iPod won't charge from USB. You'll need to charge through A/C power or FireWire.

raidersfann26

4G 40GB IPod Photo
OK thanks... but is that normal for it to die like that during an update?... i dont know how the battery life is on the 3rd gens cuz i just got it... anybody?