Headphones for Cutting Grass

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

pmad

I rarely use heaphones. I use my iPod in my car, my iHome, or my Apple Hi-FI.

When I use them it is usually while doing yard work.

I like in-ear/canal/buds.

What do you suggest for under $30.00

Thanks

mrhoni

My suggesting costs more than your price but you could consider the Etyomic ER6i. I see they are $75 at Amazon.

I use them with the leaf blower and on airplanes because they cut out so much noise and I can keep the volumn down on the headphones.

sebulr

Shure e2c's are good for noise isolation and are cheaper than the ety's. But they still cost more than $30 I think they are currently £30 over here in blighty. But I highly reccomend them.

2 Year guarentee too. Good job cause my cables have cracked after three months. No problems though, Shure are sending me a new pair.

tensionrev

nervousacceleration
Get the plug type, like the sony ex 51, 71, 81... not exactly sure of the model numbers, but you can find them for around $30 with no problem either online or at one of the big box retailers (BB, CC, etc.) They don't make you completely deaf to the world, and you don't need crank the volume up to hear clearly. For $30, they don't really sound great, but you won't know that unless you buy some headphones that do sound good, which are, of course, more expensive. To you, they will sound right about on par in terms of quality to the packed in buds, but more bassy and less trebley.

pmad

tensionrev said:
Get the plug type, like the sony ex 51, 71, 81... not exactly sure of the model numbers, but you can find them for around $30 with no problem either online or at one of the big box retailers (BB, CC, etc.) They don't make you completely deaf to the world, and you don't need crank the volume up to hear clearly. For $30, they don't really sound great, but you won't know that unless you buy some headphones that do sound good, which are, of course, more expensive. To you, they will sound right about on par in terms of quality to the packed in buds, but more bassy and less trebley.
Amazon had the Ex81's for $31.92 - I just ordered them. Thanks.

daryncox

I second the sony's. I have an old pair of MDR EX-51's I use to mow the lawn, they seal out a lot of the engine noise so I don't have to crank the music up and cause premature hearing loss. I usually have them in even if I'm not listening to music as they work well as mild ear plugs.