headache with E3Cs

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

DXiRoNMaN

i just got a pair of these yesterday, last night i messed around and got a good fit, listened for maybe 20 minutes at maybe 40-50% volume. a little while later i had a slight ringing in my left ear and this morning i woke up with a headache...that i still have. it felt like i had them in right and at an appropriate level. this is my first pair of in-ears so i dont know if it's just getting used to them or what. anyone else experienced this?

Quillz

Enlightened
Website
www.quillz.net
bigDee said:
Should have got the ER-6i
Wow... That did nothing to help out the thread starter.

Anyways, I think it's the fact that you aren't used to the in-ear style of earbuds. As you continue to use them, you shouldn't get headaches anymore, as you will get used to them. Remember, with the in-ear style, you can have the volume on your iPod quite low and still hear the music very well.

DXiRoNMaN

it was a toss up between the ER-6i and E3C actually. the opinion, from what i've read is in favor of the E3C.
but ya, i'm hoping its just that they take some getting used to.

Quillz

Enlightened
Website
www.quillz.net
I remember getting headaches with my cheap pair of Koss in-ears. I didn't get a headache when I first put on my E3c, because I was used to the style.

Mitchie12

I got my e3g on christmas and i fiddled anround with them for like 20 min and i didn't get a headache but i did notice i was inserting them way to deep now i got a perfect fit and there really great

J Dubbya K

I had the same problem too when I owned a pair of e3c's and I'm still having them with my e5c's from time to time. I guess its because they're a bit forward sounding...It sometimes helps when you use the treble reducer for extended listening, but at the expense of sound quality.

dmarque

Too many people are playing music too loud with the tightly sealed noise cancellation earbuds. The closed seal and the pounding diaphragm is more than an eardrum can take.

The advantage of an over ear system is that air from the compression of the speakers can disperse. The sealed air systems must be run at a proper and safe volume level....

Regards,

thedodgyguy

Declined Lounger
40-50%? If you aren't using a Euro-limited iPod then you had them on way, way too loud. 30% at most with regular iPods. The E3c's have a midrange 'hump', so I'd suggest the Small Speaker or Latin presets to eevn out the response. And do not go to 50%!

jhpope

Website
jhpope.blogspot.com
yeah you prob just need to get used to them...i agree that you should have gotten er6i's though

i got a pair earlier this week and had them in for 2 hours no problem