Hawaii-ish Tunes

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

RatherPlayHalo

Website
www.fansforscript.com
So, I'm going to Hawaii for the first time next Monday with my family and it's going to be a long plane ride. What are some good "beachy" tracks/artists that I can have on the iPod for sitting in the sand with a Corona :cool: and for the plane ride?

I already have:
- Jack Johnson
- Jimmy Buffet
- Sublime
- Bob Marley
- Ziggy Marley

Code Monkey

Hawaii? You *need* to hear Israel Kamakawawio'ole, you've probably heard at least his version of "Somewhere Over The Rainbow", but the whole catalog is great Hawaiian music.

bdb

On the B side of life
Gotta second the recommendation for "Braddah Iz"! Check out "Facing Future" - its a wonderful album! Songs from there have been used for at least two (mainland) commercials that I know of (I think it was a Sony commercial that used Henehene Kou'aka!).

I got into a little Hawaiian music after several trips there. Some of my favorites:
Ka'u - Easy on The Eyes
Fiji - Chant of the Islands, Lei and I
Typical Hawaiians - Early Morning Surf Session, Crazy
John Cruz - Island Style
Robi Kahakalau-Pi'i Mai Ka Nalu, Ku'u Hoa
3 Plus - You Don't Have To Think Twice
Amy Gilliom - Hale'iwa Hula (sort of old-school)

I put together an 18-song CD of reggae & Hawaiian music that I'd brought with me on the last trip, it was an awesome mood-setter!

ibjazzed

Here's a few more Hawaiian artists:
Keola Beamer
Kapono Beamer
Hapa
Keali'i Reichel
Led Kaapana
Jake Shimabukuro

There's alot of great hawaiian music. Stop by Borders while you're there and sample some of the music that's available. Jake playing on the ukelele is incredible. Check out his video on YouTube, it's unreal.

Last edited:

baobab68

I was gonna suggest some reeeal oldies, not really Hawaiian but got the surf vibe:

Peace Pipe by the Shadows
Bombora by The Atlantics