• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

Has the 4g's "Secret" already been revealed?.......

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Mina

ipodlounge beaver
Has the 4g's "Secret" already been revealed?.......(Let's hope not)

Now HP have released there own branded 4G ipods, do you think this was the 4g's "secret" apple had kept up their sleeves all along?

Last edited:

punk

Banned
no. we all knew there was going to be an hp ipod back in january.

Mina

ipodlounge beaver
Wow your an early worm, i had no idea the merge was going to happen until about 2 weeks ago. Surely after this amount of time after the release of the 4G they would have reported it to us...surely.

Mina.

MikeM

Retired
There was even a picture of a 3G that was colored blue that was supposed to be the HP iPod. I think HP decided it would be worth the wait for the 4G's to be released.

rhart00

I was a the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Vegas in January. I heard Carly Fiorina (CEO, HP) give a keynote speech where she took a big stance on music piracy and at the same time announced the HP iPod. I think this was the first official announcement of the partnership between HP and Apple on the iPod.

Mina

ipodlounge beaver
So there hasn't been any news whatsoever related to the 4g's secret? That sucks. I could always imagine the secret being something very uninteresting like the release of the 4g hp+ipod.

Mina.

qiranworms

jazzed
Something like...the ability to encode MP3s on the iPod, which would require the chip to have that capability, and revealing the secret would be releasing a firmware upgrade that could take advantage of it. I would be quite happy with a firmware upgrade that allows for crossfading.

Website
www.flickr.com
Personally, I think the "secret" thing was just a journalist's way of saying that they can add new things through firmware. Seriously, to my Knowledge, Apple never said anything was "secret..." just that one publication....

Provboy

i think the secret was the noisy buzzy hard drive defect. they wanted to keep it secret so lotsa people would buy the 4Gs hehehehe.

Mina

ipodlounge beaver
provboy said:
i think the secret was the noisy buzzy hard drive defect. they wanted to keep it secret so lotsa people would buy the 4Gs hehehehe.
LOl! well let's just hope that the hp+ipod release isn't the 4g's big "secret" and infact there a bigger and better things to come. By the way, what exactly is crossfading?

Mina.

hoopchick18

Podder in the City
Crossfading is when the end of one song fades into the beginning of the next song so that there is no silent gaps in between songs.

Mina

ipodlounge beaver
hoopchick18 said:
Crossfading is when the end of one song fades into the beginning of the next song so that there is no silent gaps in between songs.
Doesn't seem like much of a secret feature to me. I know this will never be incorporated into the 4g firmware, but i think that the ability to edit songs, delete etc within the ipod would be a killer feature imo. dream on i guess..... Not complaining though, the 4g i have at the moment does everything i need it to do, just not everything i want it to do.

Mina.