Has Apple support always been this bad?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

dragfree

Simple-minded
When I got an iPod a few months ago I expected a high quality product and excellent support from Apple. Having spent much time since on the Apple forums (driven there in the first place by problems with my pod), I am astonished at the horrible support Apple offers. They have no online support, just a cadre of volunteer Apple zealots on the forums. Their official support documents are uninformative and often out of date. Their phone support gets you one "free" call (you paid for it when you bought the product), then they charge you a fortune for each successive call.

After making a big push into the Windows market (3 out of 4 pods sold now are for PCs), they seem utterly uninterested in sorting out the problems with iPods and iTunes on PCs. Despite touting iPod/PC/USB compatibility, there are myriads of connection problems. iTunes has a rat's nest of issues with CD drives on PCs. Recent updates have been buggier than anything I can remember ever coming out of Redmond, yet there is no official acknowledgment of the problems, and seems to be no effort made to fix them. Not even Packard Bell in its worst days was this callous toward its customers.

So my question, for those of you with more experience with Apple in recent years: Is this a relatively recent phenomenon, or has Apple support been this bad for years? (They were pretty good back in the '80s!)

Last edited: