Hard delete tracks from smart playlists

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

old_sax_man

Before the latest update to iTunes 11.4, I used to be able to "hard" delete tracks from smart playlist (Ctrl-Shift-Del); however, that function appears to have either changed or flat out been removed.

What the keyboard shortcut did was to skip past the "Are you sure you want to delete the selected song(s) from you iTunes library?" (like when you press the Del only from the full "Music Library") and went directly to the "Do you want to move the selected song(s) to the Recycle Bin, or keep it in the iTunes Media Folder?" This shortcut allowed you to delete songs from the library and hard disk while working in both Playlists and Smart Playlist. With the shortcut gone, you now have to find the song you are playing in a Playlist/Smart Playlist in the Music Library and delete it from there.

Any thoughts on how to get that keyboard shoprtcut back?

rockmyplimsoul

Website
www.last.fm
I believe it is just Shift-Del (no Ctrl) on a PC, and Opt-Del on a Mac.

Also, just a reminder that you will not be asked by iTunes to move the native file to the Recycle Bin if iTunes is not set to manage your file locations.

old_sax_man

Thanks for the very fast reply. While I had tried the Shift-Del, along w/ a few others (minus Ctrl-Alt-Del as that brings up the Windows Power Menu), but after reading your reply, I thought I would try the "other Shift-Del", and by other I mean trying the right hand Shift key w/ the Del key. What do you know, it works.:D