• iLounge and the Discussion Forums are read by people in countries all over the world. The legality of DVD-to-iPod ripping will vary based on your country of residence. iLounge does not in any way endorse violation of the valid rights of copyright holders, and strongly recommends that you consult your country's copyright and fair use laws before copying any video content.

handbrake fix!

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

benvh

I found out how to get Handbrake to work with the 5G iPod. Follow the previously posted instructions, but don't change the codec. Leave it on MPEG-4 Video / AAC Audio. I did this and it worked.

icruise

Well, yes. That will work. But the main reason I was attracted to Handbrake in the first place was because I wanted to use h.264 encoding (better quality files at smaller sizes).

j0shb3ck3r

This may be silly... but I like all my stuff to be uniform... and so far, I've encoded all the videos on my iPod with QuickTime Pro.

So I take the long way, and I encode with Handbrake, and then I re-encode it to .m4v with QuickTime Pro.