HACK: Dont like the battery bar? How about a minute countdown?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Jason Hilton

Website
www.jasonhilton.us
Dont like the battery bar? How about a minute countdown?

For all of you that hate the ipods battery bar, with this you can have it display the voltage/minutes remaining. Simply put the file into yout ipod device folder. This works with any 3G ipod. Right click and save target as: _show_voltage

Last edited:

Huntyz

Ouch! I love My iPod
I guess bringing that back up will help people but if they did do a search on that then they would find loads on it.

theipodking

Actually you are wrong, this doesnt give you a countdown at all, it just shows you the voltage at that time, and yes it is reversable! If anyone can make a countdown timer on the battery i would be very suprised!

Jason Hilton

Website
www.jasonhilton.us
theipodking said:
Actually you are wrong, this doesnt give you a countdown at all, it just shows you the voltage at that time, and yes it is reversable! If anyone can make a countdown timer on the battery i would be very suprised!
Really? How does it figure the voltage? The ipod cant posssibly run at 400 volts. I thought those where minute countdowns. I have actualy watched it do down by 1 about every minute. 400/60 = 6.6 hours left?

Thejavaman1

Jason Hilton said:
Really? How does it figure the voltage? The ipod cant posssibly run at 400 volts. I thought those where minute countdowns. I have actualy watched it do down by 1 about every minute. 400/60 = 6.6 hours left?
I think it may be 1/100th of a volt...

CommieLawnGnome

It DOES run at 4.0 volts though, and as low as 2.0 volts.
Hense it dying around 200.
The more you know...

IlIlIlIlIl

so 400 represents a full charge and 200 represents the charge almost running out?

monkedsel

*perfectmachine
The number fluctuates wildly, so honestly it is as useless as the battery bar meter. :eek:

Phoenix

Addicted to Podcasts
interesting...

but since it's not 0-400, as countdown per-se.... isn't it the same as the bar?? i mean symbolically it's just chaging from graphical way to number (200 empty and 400 full) w/ gaps in between.... understandably pple change it back to the bar after trying them.... i thought pple are trying to get to the GUI age :D :p