• iLounge and the Discussion Forums are read by people in countries all over the world. The legality of DVD-to-iPod ripping will vary based on your country of residence. iLounge does not in any way endorse violation of the valid rights of copyright holders, and strongly recommends that you consult your country's copyright and fair use laws before copying any video content.

H.264 Video Encoding Testing

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

videora

Website
www.videora.com
It's no secret that people are having problems creating H.264 videos using free encoders. For now, people are fine with encoding to MPEG-4 (ASP) but we'd like to get to the bottom of why user encoded H.264 videos don't work and the add working support into Videora iPod Converter.

This would be a lot easier if our iPod had come in yet, but even though it hasn't we see no reason to delay testing.

We have posted our first test here:
www dot pspvideo9 dot com/test/AVC/
[We still can't post URLs so you'll have to replate "dot" with "."]

If you have an iPod Video, please let us know it this plays back or even syncs to the iPod.

Thanks for all your help guys.

this_is_nascar

I'm able to drag-and-drop to get it loaded in iTunes. It will also play in iTunes, however during a sync, it does not transfer to my 5G. It does not even produce an error meessage. It acts as if it wasn't even there.

Scarpad

I wish my 5G had come in too ! It seems that mostly all 3rd part apps are'nt doing H264. I have read in other forums that passing the outputted files thru the really Slow QT7 will allow most of the conversions to play. Do you think the 5G needs a certain header spec like the PSP? And QT 7 does this change?