Guide To Free Ringtones Using Only iTunes (PC)

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

lpdude

Thanks. Is the custom ringtone thing pretty much the only good update? besides the international thing, which i dont really care about.

Helevitia

Pretty much. I think there are some very minor other things, but nothing that is really that big of a deal.

podio

Why are you reading this?
If you have a Mac, itoner works too, its free for 30 days, then $15, if for some reason this gets patched by apple.

Prozcrito

I have done this and it works but I can't seem to assign custom ringtones to specific people. When a specific person i've assigned a custom ringtone to calls, my phone does not play the custom ringtone. I've tried assigning a ringtone that came with the phone to a specific person and it works. How come custom ringtones don't assign to people?

Also anyone know of a good free ringtone editor?

Thanks in advance!:D

Helevitia

Hmmm, just tested it out and mine works. I can select the custom ringtone and then call my cell number and it rings with the new custom ringtone.

An editor that I like to use is Audacity. The price is right, free.

josh bear

thanks. This really works. Oh PS if a song is protected you can burn it to disk and then re import it to itunes and the protection is gone.

Best Regards

Josh

podio

Why are you reading this?
Yup, I just upgraded, It definately works, new itunes update by friday to patch it im sure. Im not upgrading haha.

choitoy57

Website
choitoy.blogspot.com
OK, my sister pooped out on me and decided to not be my guinea pig, but upon hearing enough success stories here and at other sites, I gave it a whirl, and it does work! Hurrah!

p.s. as of 11:00 PM Pacific time, before I did the manual upgrade, it states 1.1.1 was the current firmware (on 7.5). I don't know if it was because I still had 1.0.2 on my phone, and it wanted me to do the 1.1.1 incremental upgrade first before giving me the 1.1.2 or not, but there ya go...

ian986

Help

Hi Guys I just did this and the ring tone is in my i tunes libary buy wont sync now any ideas ? It is like disc use has been enabled because I can see my i Phone pictures via my computer.

Also I have heard there is a software update coming on Sunday which gives you a few extra apps.

Germansuplex

The iPhone is not in disc mode: Windows will read it as a camera, but you cannot access files/folders on the iPhone. This is normal.

To get the ringtones, you must have both the most recent version of iTunes and the iPhone software.

regadoodle

I need a little help! I have searched all over but can't figure out what is wrong. I converted a clip to a ringtone, it shows up in iTunes as a ringtone and even shows under my iPhone icon when it is plugged in to the computer but it isn't actually on my phone anywhere to set as a ringtone. What's wrong?

speekup2002

Huh? I did all of that and there is a ringtone now but when I sync the phone nothing shows up on the phone? It should be in the ringtones file right?

regadoodle

I should have said it ONLY shows up when my phone is plugged in to the computer. It does not show up on my phone under ringtones or anything else when it isn't plugged in.

regadoodle

Germansuplex said:
Are you both using the most recent version of iTunes AND the iPhone firmware?
Yep! I followed the instructions step by step and tried it a ton of times. :(

speekup2002

Germansuplex said:
Are you both using the most recent version of iTunes AND the iPhone firmware?
I just tried to update both and I recieve a message that I am up to date.