Guide: How to SEND MMS from the iPhone

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

marilicious0118

ok the iphone does not support MMS...

so heres a way to work around that so that your friends still receive your pic AS A TEXT...but you send it thru email

just look thru the list and find your friends provider and put the 10 digit number followed by the @ sign and the email provided

well i haven't tried it on the iphone....but here are some gateways...tell me if the work

Email to SMS Delivery Gateways:

Recipient's network:
  • Email address to send to
Boost Mobile:

Cingular:

Cricket:

Nextel:

Sprint

T-Mobile:

Verizon:

i tried the sprint one and my friend received the pic.....someone else told me the cricket one works too.

tell me what worked and what didn't so i can update this list.

Last edited by a moderator:

pohatu771

A Bit Outdated
I don't know if it works for pictures, but you can also use [email protected]

It adds a line at the bottom (something about Teleflip.com), but it's still a text message.

burningjoe

Hey guys, new to the Forum...I like all this information...great stuff...thanks a lot.

So I am trying to send a pic from my iPhone (with Yahoo as the main email account) to my friends verizon phone. This is the error I recive in the failure email sent back to me. I have been getting this for 4 days now.

<[email protected]>:
66.174.94.12 failed after I sent the message.
Remote host said: 550 SMTP connection refused

When he sends pictures to my yahoo account, they show the same email address that I am trying to send to. So, I know that address is good and his Verzion account has this feature, so where is it getting blocked? Is Yahoo blocking this or is it at verizon?

or is there some other way to make this work that i am just missing?

ygrtslnger

my yahoo!mail did the same thing. Created a GMail acct and works perfectly. not sure whats the deal with yahoo. you could try using "cwmx.com" without the parenth. as your outgoing mail server. that worked for me with my cox.net mail.

deftdrummer1

The power that be.
Ok I am back, I have been using email picture services (via wi-fi) with the iphone for a few months now. I have to say that this is garbage. I wouldn't even recommend these "workarounds" as an alternative until they have been proven to work reliably. I would say less than 15% of my emailed messages to a legitimate verizon picture email address actually make it through.

swampduck

the verizon numbers don't work...I can't even get the vtext.com messages to leave my server and the other never gets to the end user

deftdrummer1

The power that be.
verizons picture email (#@vzwpix.com) is very unreliable. Sometimes it takes as little as 2 mins & other times it can be days literally.

majax

I just found out that I can't send picture messages. Why in the world would this phone be released in the US without this capability?

$40 phones have this capability but Apple can't figure it out? I hope someone develops a software download or hack to allow us to do this. I'm so mad right now, lol.

Does anyone think that this will be updated in a future firmware release? Is it physically possible?

swampduck

update to my earlier posts in regards to vzwpix.com messages. My wife finally got the pics I sent 2 days after I sent it. I tested again, and it was like 2 hours....so like deftdrummer1 said...very unreliable. And as Majax said, I don't understand why we can't send a MMS message. Iphone can play videos, show pictures and play music, so it has the capability.

Iphonenotsogood

MMS pictures from IPHONE

:confused: I have tried every combo of DNS, and I cannot get my iphone to send a picture to a regular cell phone...Are the pictures too big? I thought it resized the images before sending? GRRRR...this is such a basic functionality...I cannot believe they didnt incorporate it!!!!!

Anyone know whats wrong? It sends the email, and the receipient receives it, but it has no attachment , and it just says its from my email....